Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good deal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
I can trade the 2.0 fourbanger engine (complete with FI) that I dropped out of my teener for a set of NOS steel fender flares (org.factory ones)

The engine is said to be rebuild by the PPO (with no miles on it) but there is absolutely no proof of it
PO said he had it running. But I didn't (wasn't all hooked up and I didn't care to does so)

I don't really need the flares, but they'll take less space in the garage than the fourbanger.

Whadda ya think? Good deal or not?

cheers,

Jeroen
Andyrew
I would..

Nos set (I assume 4?) Would be like 1000 bucks.. low..
skline
I dont know, or maybe I dont understand, the engine is yours now? and someone wants to trade you four factory flares for it? But yet you never ran the engine? I sold a stock 2 liter with FI for 1500.00 on Ebay. Shipped it across the country and they guy popped it in and is running. Flares can be had for 900.00. Of course they are factory flares, so that makes them more? It depends on what you want really. If you want the flares, then do it, if you have no use for them, it just seems to me you are trading something that you could use for something you really dont want or need. Just my thoughts.
tat2dphreak
a running 2L should be worth close to 2K though!
Joe Bob
Try getting 2k.....

Shit, I can't get 4500 for a custome built motor that would cost 6+ to replicate..... headbang.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(mikez @ May 22 2004, 12:29 PM)
Try getting 2k.....

Shit, I can't get 4500 for a custome built motor that would cost 6+ to replicate..... headbang.gif

sorry mikez, people don't want to pay for quality I guess...

cheap asses... oh, wait, that's me! wink.gif
Jacco
Hey Jeroen,

If your really need the space I'd be more than willing to come pick up that 2.0
I'll trade ya some tool time, sweep your floor, make your coffee, bring your beer the works.... rolleyes.gif
but I guess you'd rather want the flares... cool.gif

Greets
Jacco de Haan
Delft, the Netherlands
i love porsche
id go with the factory steel flares....definetly worth some good money..but save them for when you wanna make a real 6GT replica =]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.