Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh Air Box & Blower Motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
My gas tank is about 5/8 of the way full and I'd like to get the car into paint by the end of the week but want to get the fresh air motor working first.

Can it be removed & reinstalled without removing the gas tank?

Mike Bellis
No. Pull the tank...
ptravnic
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 1 2011, 10:11 PM) *

No. Pull the tank...

That is what I was afraid of... boo hoo sad.gif
type47
I recently installed an air box into the project car and I don't see how it could be removed or installed with the gas tank in. If all you're doing is re and re the motor, you might look to see about just unbolting the motor part of the housing; it's held on by 2 - 6mm hex head bolts. Unfortunately, all the cables complicate the matter so it's probably easier just to remove the whole assembly. It was a MAJOR PIA to install that box.
Spoke
To remove the tank, obviously it's best to start with a near empty tank. If not, get a siphon and empty into a gas can.

When re-installing the gas tank, make the hoses long enough to be able to pull out the tank w/o disconnecting the hoses. This will make future gas tank pulls very easy. Loop the hoses over towards the driver side for extra length.
VaccaRabite
agree.gif
you will need to pull the tank, and when you put it back put in a nice long service loop.

I get a siphon from the local hardware store with a pump, and pump the gas in the 914 tank directly into the tank of my DD.

Pulling the tank isn't fun, but it isn't hard either.

Zach
ptravnic
I've had the tank out a handful of times which is why I was hoping there was a way around it. Something akin to swapping the alternator w/o having to drop the engine.

But alas, I've got a new 5 gallon jug and 2nd 5 gallon container that will have to get put to work. Will pick up up the siphon pump in a little bit from my FLAPS since HomeDepot didn't have any small ones.

Thanks for the replies. thumb3d.gif
-pt
ptravnic
Here it is, in all it's leaf-ridden glory. barf.gif I'll start searching for posts describing testing the darn thing. In 20yrs of owning the car I'm pretty sure this has never worked...

-pt
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.