Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying used fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrgjones
Right now my car is sitting on some beat down rivieras. Just happened to find a guy near me parting out a car with fuchs so I'm going to check them out but I don't really know what to look for. When some of you experienced guys are buying 2nd hand wheels, what do you look for? Pretty sure they're 16 x 5s.
carr914
Stock 4-Lug Fuchs are 15x6. They are Forged so are pretty hard to bend. Things to look for - Condition, Price, Are the Lug Bolts & Center Caps included

T.C.
Spoke
Make sure they are real fuchs. There are some numbers on the backside that identify them.

Best way to check wheels is to spin them on a hub and look for any wobble on the outside or inside rim edge. This will indicate any dents.
mrgjones
Thanks for the input. I did mean to say 15 x 6, just got a little dyslexic there. What are the numbers on the back of the wheel and what would be a good price for a set in decent condition? Thanks.
mskala
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 2 2011, 06:24 AM) *

Stock 4-Lug Fuchs are 15x6. They are Forged so are pretty hard to bend. Things to look for - Condition, Price, Are the Lug Bolts & Center Caps included

T.C.

Actually the 4-lug are 15x5.5. I don't have the part number.
mgphoto
15 x 5.5 Fuchs 4 bolt 914 361 011 01.
These are for '73 and later with the wheel centering ring, but will fit older cars as well.
Originals are not painted, if they are painted they are most likely aftermarket.
Mike
thelogo
QUOTE(mrgjones @ May 1 2011, 11:29 PM) *

Right now my car is sitting on some beat down rivieras. Just happened to find a guy near me parting out a car with fuchs so I'm going to check them out but I don't really know what to look for. When some of you experienced guys are buying 2nd hand wheels, what do you look for? Pretty sure they're 16 x 5s.

factory fuchs , have the reputation of being extremely light weight and I think optimal is factory polished look . or polished finish .

I bought a set of 5 a yr. ago , 700 , all wheels perfect and brand new polish. w/ correct serial numbers .

Chrome chrome lug bolts: ebay : and chrome caps another 200 . caps from: Isp west .

so 900 total and I think I got a great deal . best upgrade one can do to a 914 imho

I would spend some money , as opposed to getting some questionable wheels

that will have issues . buy them already polished if possible . because that will save you some money .

but be careful , about tire mounting , there are some morons out there who will not treat these wheel s right . aka local tire shops .

Drums66
....also look for the Wolf on the backside! idea.gif
bye1.gif
carr914
It's a Fox, not a Wolf
Drums66
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 2 2011, 04:24 PM) *

It's a Fox, not a Wolf

....I'm corrected(the werewolf,LOL) poke.gif
bye1.gif*FOX*
MikeM
The German word "fuchs" means "fox"....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.