Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool cars at DE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jt914-6
Was at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit in Ok. driving in the DE over the weekend. There was two really cool Porsches there. First there was a Cayman R which there are just a few of them in the US now, but more being bought in the future. But....the really cool car was a GT-1 european race car. It was soooo fast and sounded soooo good. From my memory here are some of the facts about this car. Only a very few of this car was made. They were made for the european GT-1 series and were quickly banned. At first we thought it was a GT Hybrid, but that wasn't the case. It was so quick and it's sound was music to our ears. Porsche is using some of it's technology for future race cars. Hope to see it again in Oct. at the Club Race and DE there at Hallett. Thanks to Ron (pcar916) for taking the pics.

New Cayman R

Click to view attachment

The GT-1

Click to view attachment

'nother

Click to view attachment

me and my six

Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
I can't remember if he was at Octoberfast club racing last year, but he is definately fast. I will look forward to him being there this October.

It was good to meet you JT, and nice to see you again Ron. I wish I could have stayed longer, but duty called ya know. I hope we'll see you guys again at MUSR in Eureka.
nsr-jamie
Nice cars !! I would love to have a Cayman R but its like $100,000 dollars. OUCH !! Maybe someday a nice standard used one if prices come down like the boxsters. I like your black six!!!
jt914-6
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ May 2 2011, 08:45 AM) *

Nice cars !! I would love to have a Cayman R but its like $100,000 dollars. OUCH !! Maybe someday a nice standard used one if prices come down like the boxsters. I like your black six!!!

Jamie...I'm thinking the Cayman R sells in the mid 60's USD??? Thanks for the comment on my car....but I get being called black a lot....it's actually a very dark blue metallic.....Porsche color 3AY....Ocean Blue Metallic..... smilie_pokal.gif
casey944
that is actually a 911 GT3-R. GT1 is the category it races in... Good spots though smile.gif
carr914
Cayman R should be in the 70's - we haven't gotten one yet, but we have 2 on the boat coming to us
jt914-6
QUOTE(casey944 @ May 2 2011, 10:12 AM) *

that is actually a 911 GT3-R. GT1 is the category it races in... Good spots though smile.gif

Just repeating what I heard second hand from the owner/driver..... biggrin.gif

edit: it looked like a GT-3 RSR......It did have a sequential gearbox....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.