Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Identifying Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Levi
I'm chasing Vacuum lines and checking, fixing and replacing them, as I do I'm running across things that don't look quite right some of which I'm unable to Identify, Any help you can give is appreciated...

Can you tell me what this is, Does, it was bolted to the bottom of the Battery box. does it need to be grounded.
Levi
This piece is just laying in the engine compartment it looks like it was screwed to something and looks like it should be Grounded??????
ejm
Thats the resistor pack for the fuel injectors..
no need to ground it but it would be better screwed down.
Second pic is the dual relay for the FI... same advice
SirAndy
amazing ...

914 parts i have never seen before!

i'd say, if you don't need smog, take it all off and sell it on ebay!

Andy
skline
Those are both parts for the FI, The one on the battery box should be bolted there, and the other one just bolt it anywhere taht is close to where you found it. I dont think the one needs to be grounded but I am not sure. I would bolt them both down in anycase.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ejm @ May 22 2004, 03:09 PM)

interesting. i assume this is L-Jet then, right?
Levi
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 22 2004, 02:13 PM)
QUOTE(ejm @ May 22 2004, 03:09 PM)

interesting. i assume this is L-Jet then, right?

Yup.... wink.gif

"Help Identifying Pictures,"
"From 74 1.8 L-Jet Engine Compartment"

beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Levi @ May 22 2004, 04:05 PM)
Yup.... wink.gif
"Help Identifying Pictures,"
"From 74 1.8 L-Jet Engine Compartment"

guess i could just have read it! biggrin.gif

can't help you much there, don't know anything about L-Jet.
my 1.8 was already converted to D-Jet when i got it.

much less parts to worry about. wink.gif
Andy
Mark Henry
Both should be screwed to the battery tray support.
Mueller
Andy,

I took this from the Megasquirt site...gives a little info on why the resistors:

Pulse Width Modulation

Injectors are either high impedance or low impedance. High impedance injectors (usually about 12-16 ohms) can take a 12 supply directly, without a form of current control. Low impedance injectors (generally below 3 ohms) require some form of current limiting. With MegaSquirt, you can use resistors to limit current, or you can use Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), which is a software solution built in to MegaSquirt.

Levi,

It's a good idea to become familiar with these parts, helps troubleshooting down the road.

The dual relay item:
with key on, flapper opened (manually or by the vacum of the engine), this d/r gets energized, when it does, it powers the injectors (injectors fire when grounded by the ECU)

it also turns on the fuel pump...this is good to know, if having problems or testing the fuel system, you can simply turn on the ignition, and open the flapper box, now you should have fuel pressure..(as long as dual relay is working properly)
Levi
Thanks a million guys!!!!!
Its back together now and Still runs like Shit sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.