Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Blond is out!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Red-Beard
Pictures will follow...

Lesniak has the camera in my Jeep....

I started breaking the rings in. Mike Followed in a "tow vehicle". The engine is smoking a lot less now. However, I'm leaking oil someplace on top. I think there is a breather line or something I have hooked up. These is this metal tube thing with a rubber cap at one end and a coupe of vaccuum pickups or looks like that. And I don't know ehre this peice goes....

James cool.gif
Dr Evil
Sure didn't take you long to start blabbing about your stinky, unbelievably fast new set up wink.gif
Red-Beard
Damn does the thing pull in 5th...
skline
Still waiting for pictures, Tell Mike to bring the camera back and get some pics tomorrow. I cant wait to hear it, Did you change the exhaust system or does it still sound as good as before?
Red-Beard
Same exhaust.

I'm not sure if I've just become accustom to the 911, but the intakes sound louder. Ooooh what a sweet sound....

I'll try to finish breaking it in sometime during the week. After I replace the Carb parts. There is a power loss above 5000 RPM, I think it is from the venturies being too small.

James MDB2.gif
415PB
Can't wait to see pics..
Red-Beard
Well, it doesn't _look_ any different, except that it is now 2 feet lower than it has been for the past 6 months.

James wub.gif
mikester
two feet lower? You mean you're not leaving the dubs on?

YEAH!
Red-Beard
Meaning I removed the Jack stands..... sawzall-smiley.gif
mikester
I knew that. I'm disappointed that there aren't any pics of the in progress and such...

Lame.

biggrin.gif

Just kidding.

I bought a timing light today...
3liter914-6
QUOTE(Red-Beard @ May 23 2004, 12:59 PM)
Meaning I removed the Jack stands..... sawzall-smiley.gif

smilie_pokal.gif

Woohoo! All these 914s coming back to life is really exciting me. I'm on schedule for a late tonight light off of the /6. Sitting a few inches lower due to ~500lbs of engine and tranny back in place after a 4 year hiatus. Congrats Red-beard, and get us some more pics.

Adam
Red-Beard
QUOTE(mikester @ May 23 2004, 12:01 PM)
I bought a timing light today...

Just be careful which way you point that thing...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.