Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first AX today. Pop there goes my cherry
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Getting ready to leave for my first AX with SCCA guys. I will either be in CSP or SM2 just depends what is said during tech this am.

Looks like it F'n rain today. Seems like we have had rain every day for the last two weeks. Anyway wish me luck.

- Garold driving.gif biggrin.gif
Part Pricer
Good luck Garold!

Have fun and don't forget to breathe. MDB2.gif MDB2.gif
ablose58
Have a great ride and try not to knock down too many cones biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif AL
415PB
Good Luck and have fun driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
Well I had a great time. I ran CSP Novice. We ran six offical runs and then 2 fun runs. I had only 1 DNF, missed a gate coming out of hard left turn headbang.gif It was a long course, at least that what the others were telling me confused24.gif

1st run was 62.48 by my last offical run I was at 56.18 so not to bad I think my first time out. I wish my last fun run counted, it was a 54.13. I can't wait til the next AX.

I forgot my camera but there was a guy there in Emod running a Yugo with a 500 ci Chevy motor in the back and get this a 2.2 turbo in the front. It was one wild looking car, fast but they only had 1 run where they didn't either DNF OR hit 10+ cones.

- Garold
GaroldShaffer
Just received a couple of pics from the Solo

Like my nice Numbers laugh.gif
GaroldShaffer
Last pic. Looks pretty flat going in to the turn.
seanery
looks good.

you are an Artiste! nice numbers! laugh.gif
GaroldShaffer
you are an Artiste! nice numbers!

Thanks. I can draw a nice stick person also lol2.gif
seanery
nice avatar
Pnambic
Awesome!!! I don't know how I missed this thread.
smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif beer.gif

I forgot my camera but there was a guy there in Emod running a Yugo with a 500 ci Chevy motor in the back and get this a 2.2 turbo in the front. It was one wild looking car, fast but they only had 1 run where they didn't either DNF OR hit 10+ cones.

I remember reading a story in Road & Track or Car and Driver or something like that a decade ago where a guy did that to a Cadillac, but he put two Northstars in it. I doubt it would have autocrossed well either... biggrin.gif

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.