Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: good deal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
what is your opinion on buying used shocks to save some dough... do these look like a good deal? this will be a street/cruising car only...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

my shcoks *seem* ok right now, but it could be a "while your in there" job...

I know I have KYBs on the back(and yes, I know, they suck) but I don't know what is on the front....
415PB
I would have a problem buying used shocks. When you buy used shocks you are taking that chance that the shocks are fine. If they are not, then you are out the cash you spent on them. I would rather buy new. IMHO of course.

It would have helped to read the ad before I posted. If there are only 650 miles on the struts, well hell, I would go for that.
Mark Henry
I've never seen the gas Boge's (I did'nt even know they made them) so I can't comment on them. Sounds like an OK deal, BUT bilstien's and Koni's also come up from time to time.

Check your struts, it's easy, just jack it up, undo the top and you can sneak it past the fender. A big pipe wrench will take the cap off and pull it out.
May as well see what you got before you bid.
tat2dphreak
I would LOVE to go check... unfortunately, I'm at work today, again, I'll be working 12x7 until the SBC strike is resolved and the union guys go back to work!!

not that I'm bitter or anything... bs.gif

wink.gif

I doubt I'll bid, you guys make good points... I'm just looking for a good deal as always... nothing else to do here on a sunday at work!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.