Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Relay clicks when turning the steering wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PDXMike

With the ignition on, turning the steering wheel causes a relay above the fusebox to click. If I position the wheel correctly, the clicking will continue rapidly, sounding like a blinker relay with on dead bulb.

I haven't dug in too deep, but it feels like it's the second relay in from the driver's side. Nothing seems to be happening when the relay clicks, no lights flash or anything.

Any idea's?

zonedoubt
Maybe a wire getting caught up in the steering linkage? Have you done any work under the dash lately?
benalishhero
Sounds like your horn ring is grounding, which is activating the horn relay. Does your horn beep?
Drums66
....loose wire in steering wheel? idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
chrispy
Loose nut behind the wheel?
There is one in my car! av-943.gif
PDXMike
QUOTE(benalishhero @ May 3 2011, 04:36 AM) *

Sounds like your horn ring is grounding, which is activating the horn relay. Does your horn beep?

The horn doesn't beep, but the horn never beeps so that doesn't mean much. That sounds like the likeliest cause and might even explain why the PO disconnected half of the electrical stuff in the car.

It sounds like I have some work to do.

Thanks,

Mike
Drums66
QUOTE(chrispy @ May 3 2011, 10:10 PM) *

Loose nut behind the wheel?
There is one in my car! av-943.gif

.......That could be it? poke.gif
bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.