Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anatomy of a cherry bomb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Building a very temporary muffler for the guy with the CT (bug) engine in a VW Vanagon. Should get him by while I build his new T4 engine.

Took apart a cherry bomb, almost nothing to it, the steel isn’t even galvanized. Also the perforated tube isn’t welded in.
GWN7
That must be a mistake....buy another one and take it apart and lets us know what's up. wink.gif rolleyes.gif cool.gif laugh.gif beerchug.gif
Andyrew
Arnt they like 30 bucks?

Hmm take one apart, make is small.. That would be a nice race exhaust for the straight through subaru turbo.. (planning on making 2..)

Hmmm...
Katmanken
Damn,

That brings back memories...

Had a Karmann Ghia convertible with a cherry bomb muffler welded on the extractor.

One day I launched a hard left out of my housing area onto A1A next to the beach, and all the sudden my car got really loud. Looking in the rear view, a piece of pipe shot out of the rear of the car and landed in the middle of the far right lane.

Pulled off into the dunes, bailed out of the car and went running back to get the part. Three cars were coming.

The first car passed over the pipe in the center of the lane. ohmy.gif

The second car passed over the pipe in the center of the lane.... ohmy.gif

And the third car swerved to flatten it in the middle... headbang.gif

I remember beating it back into shape and rewelding it into the can. I was too poor to buy a new muffler in those days. Had a wife, a baby and private college tuition.

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.