Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sawzall advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RD Evans
I have a '74 roller that I will be cutting up soon. Since I've never attempted this, I could sure use some input. What type of blade do you use? What determines the "best" places to make the cuts? The car has good quarters but is shot in the longs. How clean are the cuts made with a sawzall? How much clean up of the edges before they can be welded into another car?

Thanks for the input... sawzall-smiley.gif
morph
dewalt demolition blades, also the shorter the blade is more control youll have.you want cleaner cuts get a blade made only for metal.
415PB
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ May 23 2004, 02:35 PM)
dewalt demolition blades, also the shorter the blade is more control youll have.you want cleaner cuts get a blade made only for metal.

I totally agree and have been using the Dewalt blades. Makes a nice clean cut. Let the sawzall do the work for you, try not to force it with a whole lot of pressure. Be prepared to go through alot of blades though.
Trekkor
Go to Home Depot and get the 10 pack of metal cutting blades. Saves you $. They have 6",8"and 10".

Plan your cuts, support the work. If the blade get pinched, it will bind up, bending the blade or throwing the "zall at you.

Run the tool at full speed and try to cut as smooth and straight as you can. Turning in mid cut WILL bind.

Ear plugs, eye wear and gloves. Have fun! sawzall-smiley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.