Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did anyone else catch the F1 race?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimtab
I got up well before breakfast to watch the Monaco GP, my favorite of all the GP venues, and it turned into a "rubbing contest". There was a nasty engine blow that turned into a huge wreck and then, later, Michael (while running 1st) was run into the wall by the car behind him, and all this under the yellow flag, just behind the pace car. Do you suppose Speed channel and their NASCAR affiliation is somehow changing the face of racing worldwide? Naw, rubbin' is racin' I guess. MDB2.gif
serge914
I spent the last few days at Mt-Tremblant watching the Grand-Am. Sorry I didn't bring my camera, the weather was terrific and there was plenty of action on the track and around it.
TimT
They replayed the schumacher "tunnel incident " ad nauseum... his left front locked up and broke way before he was hit... wtf was he doing? and what caused his car to break?
richardL
Both Schumacher and Montoya were doing burnouts to heat up the tires and then Michael hit the brakes and locked up. Montoya tried to go to the right but still hit him and punted him across into the armco breaking the suspension. The stewards didn't pursue the incident. Schuey has done that at least twice before and got away with it - in 2000 at Imola Button had to take to the grass to avoid him. This is the first time he has suffered through his actions.

Also when Klein drove into the wall on Lap 1 at the Grand Hotel they lost one of the cut diamonds the Jags had on their noses for promotion. Guess someone went home happy...

Richard
TimT
Next time you see the replay...schumacher is broke before he gets hit...
jimtab
So.....maybe it's not a NASCAR thing, now I suspect arab nationalists.....
boxstr
I suspect it has something to do with #4. And don't ask anymore.
ITWASN'TME
Martin Baker
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.