Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BBC's Top Gear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
Last nights episode of BBC's "Top Gear" was an absolute blast!!!

They had an on-track comparison between the 911 GT3-RS and the Ferrari 360 CS
You can download it HERE
It's quite big (60mb or sumptin) but well worth it

An other weekly feature on the show is "A star in a reasonalby priced car" where they put celebreties in a cheap-ass Suzuki and let them drive the test-track with it (timed session).
Yesterday they had no other than... Katie Price (aka Jordan) wub.gif
She was a bit nervous in the studio (maybe she wasn't too comfortable with her clothes on biggrin.gif)
I litterally fell off the couch laughing when I saw how she sat in the car.
The Suzuki has a rollbar (just in case - you never know with these celebs) and the driver wears a helmet and racing harness.
First I thought Katie wasn't wearing any belts at all...
When I looked again, I noticed that she had the stock seatbelt under her arm and under her rediculously big boobs.
Her boobs just didn't fit the racing harness!
cool_shades.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Jacco
Hey Jeroen,

I watched it too, man I love the show. wub.gif
I thought Jeremy said that next week they'll have the Carrera GT on track make sure you watch!

The guys from topgear allways crack me up smilie_pokal.gif

greets,
Jacco de Haan
Jeroen
Yep, next week the Carrera GT
Lets see the Stig break the McLaren Mercedes' record with that biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
thesey914
Hey I didn't know you Dutch guys could recieve it. How did Jordan get on round the track?
I still haven't watched the recording yet.
fiid
I love "Top Gear". Haven't been able to find it in the U.S. I think they must censor it for fear we will revolt against the DOT rules that keep all the good fast efficient cars out and keep us driving enormous engined things with 8 cats on them.

Fiid.
campbellcj
Nope, I don't think we can get it here in the US. I have quite a few digitized segments and some are awesome.

PLEEEEEEEEASE record/capture the CGT show next week, if you can!
airsix
Jeroen,
Thanks for posting the link. Wish I could get this here at home on the tv. Anyway, very entertaining. I wish my car had "...a great big button that says RACE!*" ph34r.gif

-Ben M.

*And of course a paddle-shifted six-speed coupled to a 475hp v12.
Gint
Thanks for posting that Yaroon! 3.9Gb
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 24 2004, 03:23 AM)
They had an on-track comparison between the 911 GT3-RS and the Ferrari 360 CS
You can download it HERE

Yesterday they had no other than... Katie Price (aka Jordan) wub.gif

that was great, thanks !

(didn't see the Jordan segment, tho. wouldn't want to miss out on that spectacular -- ahh -- Suzuki ...)

so i'll still be waiting on that, and of course the CGT segment ...

[ thanks again ]
Jeroen
Here's some of Jordan biggrin.gif

IPB Image

For more TopGear stuff, check their website www.bbc.co.uk/topgear
And check the link above as well for more cool movies

cheers,

Jeroen
dinomium
That show does RAWK! Pretty good mag too, most of the big stands in Seattle has it (borders, Barnes & Noble) I have vidi of Tiff driving the 911 turbo around here somewhere... it is so Kick A$$! Is he still on the show? An ex F1/LeMans driver and truely a funny guy...
thesey914
Tiff on TopGear is no more, in fact the BBC made one almighty balls-up when they cancelled the show. Most of the presenters inc. Tiff Nidell went to another channel for a show called "5th Gear". Then the BBC recognized their error and reinvented it and got Jeremy Clarkson back but now the test driver is anon and only known as the "STIG".
Jeroen
I don't know about the UK, but here in Holland, there's tons of speculation about who the STIG really is...
Some say it's Damon Hill, while others claim it's Tiff Nidell

cheers,

Jeroen
dinomium
Stig was my LEAST fave Rutle! http://www.rutles.org/rmain.html
I have a back issue of Tiff driving the Jaguar F1 car when it came out...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.