Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Sybil" has new Rims and Tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Specs:
16x7 with 205/45's under stock fenders......

KÖNIG rims with Dunlop SP Sport tires

The rims weigh 18 pounds each which is 1 pound heavier than the same size Fuch.
Mueller
another view:
Mueller
Last one:
JeffBowlsby
Very cool statement Mike...I usually don't usually like non-stock items...but your rims are a exception...
Brad Roberts
Thats closer to "beans and rice". The refried kind of beans and NOT white rice.

For some odd reason.. they look "ok" on a white car.

B
jonwatts
I like 'em. I think they would also look good on a black car and probably a red car (primary colors, none of the 70's 914 colors).

Way to be bold, mike. Never listen to naysayers.
Brad Roberts
Oh.. did I agree they looked OK ??

They look like shit Mike.. and now you cant run 911 brakes in the front.

Rice Boy

Rice Boy

B
Gint
Not my preference, but they do look OK Mike. Nice wheels. MDB2.gif
Jeff Krieger
Is that the same König that makes seats? Those wheels are not my cup of tea - I much prefer the stock Fuchs wheels. BTW, where's Andy? I want to forward some email responses I got from some math Profs about my little math question.
Mueller
Brad wrote:They look like shit Mike.. and now you cant run 911 brakes in the front.

Oh really?, you know something I don't smile.gif
Brad Roberts
Unless you finished the hubs...

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeff Krieger @ Apr 16 2003, 09:53 AM)
BTW, where's Andy? I want to forward some email responses I got ...

Alfred, did you lose my email address?
on the bottom of each post there is a icon for "PM" which sends a personal mail and a icon for "E-Mail" which sends a email.
i don't see why you would have any problems reaching me,
other than not trying ...
cha914
I think they look pretty good...couple of question though:

How much, and did you use the vw pattern or is this still the porsche 4lug?

and do you have any shots of the car on the ground in the light?

finally, doesn't OZ make a similar wheel? if so, I bet you could get them alot lighter for quite a bit more money tongue.gif

Thanks,

Tony
Jeroen
Hey Mike,

I think they look great!
clap56.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Dave Cawdrey
Nice. What is the backspacing or offset? I have 16x7 too, w/ 40mm offset. I think I will need a spacer in the rear confused24.gif
seanery
Mike,

They look good, but I can't quite tell if there are 4 holes or 8. If the have 8 are you gonna machine some cool piece so you can't see all 8?
Mueller
VW GTI bolt circle...4x100mm

Cost: rims=120 each

The OZ rims are much nicer than these, but at 250 a pop, I couldn't justify it...besides with the wife buying them for me, they had to meet her approval as well.

Dual bolt pattern rims....4x100 and 4x114.3
40mm offset

For the rears, I think a 5mm spacer might be needed, not sure yet.
The fronts will need a spacer mostly just so it looks "correct since right now, they are too far inside the wheel well and looks goofy.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal to machine a "plug" or something for the open holes, but I don't see that happening in the near future.
Aaron Cox
IS your Passenger side mirror painted? huh.gif why?
Mueller
I think one of the PO's loved Miami Vice...the calipers are painted white, the engine grill is an off white....oh, only the passanger side mirror is painted, the driverside is perfect factory chrome
Dave Cawdrey
I had the front ones on for the first, and only, drive. With 5/16 spacers, it bumped the strut dust cover. The covers will not go back on, but the spacers will.
We have the same offset. I have 50 series tires, tho. What is your measurement from mounting surface on wheel to tire (backspace??) Mine is 5.5, but I havent test fit the rears yet...
Aaron Cox
strip it! dump everything in paint thinner and get to work on going stock hehe. nah, go your own way- ricer rims look alright on the car ar15.gif RICE laugh.gif jk
PatW
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 16 2003, 01:10 PM)
I think one of the PO's loved Miami Vice...the calipers

Mike.

Now that you have them fancy wheels. We better not see you wearing you hat backwards and playing Rap music. Ok? tongue.gif
r_towle
I remember a previous post regarding 4*100 hubs...

Could you explain how that was done for you???

I have a spare set of discs that I would like to do that to and finally open up the world of wheels for the car....

Rich
Mueller
Rear hubs: new holes drilled 45° from existing threaded holes, spot faced on farside for the head of the stud

Front: new holes drilled ~10° from current threaded hole, spot faced on the farside for the heads of the stud

This is the same process (more or less) as when the rotors/hubs are re-drilled for the Porsche 5x130 pattern
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 16 2003, 03:46 PM)
I remember a previous post regarding 4*100 hubs...

Could you explain how that was done for you???

I have a spare set of discs that I would like to do that to and finally open up the world of wheels for the car....

Rich

Heres a pic of mine...
914Timo
They look very nice. clap56.gif

I am happy you dare to be different aktion035.gif
Bleyseng
Rice

Geoff mueba.gif
cha914
Mike,

Thanks for the specs...I have looked at most of the 4x100 rims for my 325, problem is the offsets on the rice rims are all wrong on the bmw ... plus the rims I really want are the bbs rc's but they run around 500 a pop and that is waaayyy too much for rims...

Good job on the swap and cant wait to see some more pics...

Tony

great...pretty soon we will be seeing 914's on 20" neepers and HUGE wings... laugh.gif
mikerose
WOW, Nice Rims Mike. Have you sold my Black Rims yet ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif LOL

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.