Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: are all the parts here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
is this a complete set of sway bar parts I will need to add a front sway bar to my '72?

I have the tabs on my suspension... I don't want to search for missing parts here and there though, too much hassle. if it's not a complete set, I won't bother...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2479675837
SpecialK
Yep, everything but the mounting bolts that can be had at your FLAPS. You might consider getting some new bushings (triangular supports) while you've got it all apart.
ArtechnikA
you'll need hardware but you'd want to use new stuff anyway.
looks good to me.

BTW - Gary Emory is a standup guy and will make sure you get what you need...
Joe Bob
Well there are a few nuts and bolts missing....then you need the tabs for the mount on your suspension...you MAY have them already you need to check.

BTW....that bar is NOT adustable and is 17mm. Pretty wimpy by most standards. 19+ is the more popular sized bar for aftermarket.
skline
Actually, there is something missing he will need. They are the triangle pieces with the nuts welded on to go on the other side and it doesnt look like the bushings are there either. Just wanted to add that in, I just installed one on mine.
skline
Here is a picture of mine installed. Actually, a few pictures.
skline
next
skline
This is the same setup that the guy has on Ebay, but I dont see the bushings in his picture.
rhodyguy
plan on purchasing new bushings and hardware for the drop links. pretty cheap at pelican iirc.

kevin
tat2dphreak
I was going to get new bushings anyway... if it stays cheap, I will probably get it... it's one of those projects I want to do, but don't really have a reason, it's just a street car... I can always change the bar to a 19 later... I just didn't want to spend a lot on the project... thanks for input guys... btw, what would be a normal price for this "kit"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.