Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Ramble AutoX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
JRust
Just figured it was time to get a thread in the Paddock on the AutoX. I know some of you are coming. Should we get a gas fund going to help some of the autoX guys towing their cars?
J P Stein
I don't think a tow fund is necessary, after all, most everyone is traveling to get there.....but if it would help get there folks that weren't able to afford the travel.....

Either way, I intend to be there. Old guys like me don't make definite long range plans. You never know when you can't keep your appointments. I'll help at the AX in any way I can. Mostly that consists of keeping Brit from doing anything dorkey. biggrin.gif

Have you given any thought to classing?
drgchapman
Regarding classing, it would be a good idea to check the registrations and see how the group breaks down. At ORPCA we break down tire type, dot-R vs street tires (140 tread wear) within the same class of cars. Engine size, aspiration, street legal, should all be considered.
I'd be happy to help with classification if needed.
Randal

If I can find a safe place to put my car for 11 days I might just leave my car after the hill climb, then come on back up to Medford the the Autox.

Trying to find out how much money to send for the Autox now.

Hey JP, are you up for a co-drive?
Justinp71
How many of you guys are hauling up your sticky tires to the AX? I'm not sure if its worth me towing my car so I can bring the sticky tires... I guess I could stuff them in the 914 and leave them in the hotel room??? lol... it be a long drive with a stack of tires though.
drgchapman
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ May 4 2011, 09:18 AM) *

How many of you guys are hauling up your sticky tires to the AX? I'm not sure if its worth me towing my car so I can bring the sticky tires... I guess I could stuff them in the 914 and leave them in the hotel room??? lol... it be a long drive with a stack of tires though.

Dave Hunt has the trick set up for bringing tires, talk to him.
PeeGreen 914
If anyone would like a tire warmer I am looking for a seat. beerchug.gif

I don't have an AX car built for this year and am CoDriver my friends RS America this year.
JRust
QUOTE(drgchapman @ May 4 2011, 08:49 AM) *

Regarding classing, it would be a good idea to check the registrations and see how the group breaks down. At ORPCA we break down tire type, dot-R vs street tires (140 tread wear) within the same class of cars. Engine size, aspiration, street legal, should all be considered.

Hey Gary I asked Britain to really be in charge of the autoX & how it is run. Having said that any help will be welcome. The only thing I ask is there is plenty of fun run time for those who don't care about class or their times. We literally have the track all day (dawn to dusk). So there will be plenty of time for all. I can't wait to see how it goes. The track looks fun
J P Stein
QUOTE(Randal @ May 4 2011, 09:29 AM) *

If I can find a safe place to put my car for 11 days I might just leave my car after the hill climb, then come on back up to Medford the the Autox.

Trying to find out how much money to send for the Autox now.

Hey JP, are you up for a co-drive?

I would be up for it. If nuthin' else I'll make ya look good. I think the old bod has one more AX in it....if can I bring my seeing eye dog.
drgchapman
QUOTE(JRust @ May 4 2011, 11:55 AM) *

Hey Gary I asked Britain to really be in charge of the autoX & how it is run. Having said that any help will be welcome. The only thing I ask is there is plenty of fun run time for those who don't care about class or their times. We literally have the track all day (dawn to dusk). So there will be plenty of time for all. I can't wait to see how it goes. The track looks fun

That works out pretty good as we run the ORPCA A/X together. I know his shit and he knows mine.. grouphug.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(drgchapman @ May 4 2011, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ May 4 2011, 11:55 AM) *

That works out pretty good as we run the ORPCA A/X together. I know his shit and he knows mine.. grouphug.gif

That sounds a little... well... yeah blink.gif av-943.gif
Randal
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 4 2011, 10:48 AM) *

If anyone would like a tire warmer I am looking for a seat. beerchug.gif

I don't have an AX car built for this year and am CoDriver my friends RS America this year.

I think JP is up for the task at Medford, but are you coming down for the hill climb?
PeeGreen 914
No, between the autocrosses, and instructing up here, I need to take my wife on "her" vacation happy11.gif . Otherwise I don't get to play dry.gif .
SirAndy
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ May 4 2011, 10:18 AM) *
How many of you guys are hauling up your sticky tires to the AX?

Street tires for me. I'm planning on a relaxed two day trip going up there along the coast and the same on the way back.

driving.gif
Randal
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 6 2011, 12:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ May 4 2011, 10:18 AM) *
How many of you guys are hauling up your sticky tires to the AX?

Street tires for me. I'm planning on a relaxed two day trip going up there along the coast and the same on the way back.

driving.gif

Need someon to haul a set up for you?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Randal @ May 6 2011, 04:23 PM) *
Need someone to haul a set up for you?

idea.gif

Do you still have your connection for take-off slicks? If so, i'm in the market for a set of GoodYear R250, 9" x 15 ...

driving.gif
hot_shoe914
Somebody might want to bring a pair of tires for the back of Jamie's car. I've never AXed a v8 914 before but I do come by my screen name honestly. Good chance I'm gonna melt the 2 that are on that bitch right now. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 6 2011, 07:01 PM) *

Somebody might want to bring a pair of tires for the back of Jamie's car. I've never AXed a v8 914 before but I do come by my screen name honestly. Good chance I'm gonna melt the 2 that are on that bitch right now. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif

I assume you drive "flat out". biggrin.gif
JRust
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 6 2011, 07:01 PM) *

Just as long as you don't use first. You drop the clutch in 1st gear I'll kill you mad.gif . You probably wouldn't go far after happy11.gif . Although I can guarantee I wouldn't be laughing dry.gif .

As far as tires go. If you burn off enough tread they become slicks right lol-2.gif
Randal
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 6 2011, 05:36 PM) *

idea.gif

Do you still have your connection for take-off slicks? If so, i'm in the market for a set of GoodYear R250, 9" x 15 ...

driving.gif

email sent biggrin.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Randal @ May 7 2011, 09:38 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 6 2011, 05:36 PM) *

idea.gif

driving.gif

email sent biggrin.gif

What ever you do, don't mount them cantis on 8s.....you would kill off half the owners of running 914s on the West Coast. happy11.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 7 2011, 09:49 AM) *
What ever you do, don't mount them cantis on 8s.....you would kill off half the owners of running 914s on the West Coast. happy11.gif

No worries, i'll stick with the manufacturer recommendation ... poke.gif
computers4kids
AutoX Question.

OK...I'm a street driver, I admit it...period, but I did have a blast at Willow Springs at the WCR. With just one day of fun, I ended-up with 3 rock pits in my windshield and several in my spoiler sad.gif Anyway, is this pretty normal or was there just some extra debree on the track that day at the WCR? No bigee on the spoiler, but I don't like it when things are hitting my windshield.

Does anyone use that clear flim on their car to protect the paint, etc.?

J P Stein
At an autocross there is no one in close proximity in front of you to throw shittage on your car....... (unless they do a parade lap). All you have to worry about is staying on the black stuff & off the cones. The Medford course is an actual kart track....cones will be at a minimum but staying on the black stuff is more challenging. biggrin.gif .....In other words, FOD should not be a problem.
SirAndy
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 8 2011, 07:34 AM) *
At an autocross there is no one in close proximity in front of you to throw shittage on your car.......

agree.gif

AX is usually no more than two cars on the course at the same time and they are spaced out enough to never see each other.
driving.gif
JRust
It's coming quick. Only a little over a month until driving.gif
Randal
222 will be resident in Oregon from June 12 until after the Medford AutoX.

Ha, enough time for my car to turn into a true liberal.
Jakeodoule
Hey Everyone,
I am handling the awards for the AX and Show and shine.
I see some discussion about classes....
I really know Jack Sh*t about AX, but I have already done the Awards for this AX based on a discussion in the events forum with Britain. So IF the classes are different than this we will have a problem with the awards.
If you want the awards to match the classes, this needs to be settled, like yesterday.
I have already ordered engraved plates and stuff...

They are,
"1st Place with Fastest Time"
"Fastest 4 Cylinder"
"Fastest 6 Cylinder"
"Fastest conversion"
"Fastest Rookie"
I understand whoever wins fastest time will also win one of the other ones. But the overall victor will be a different Award. So they will win both.

I hope this is going to work?smilie_pokal.gif
J P Stein
It's a fun event so that will work tho you can make a rule as AX Emporer.

Only qne trophy per entrant.

I would like to see a fastest old fart (over 65). The SS class. I'd have a shot at that. biggrin.gif
Randal
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ May 22 2011, 11:23 PM) *

Hey Everyone,
I am handling the awards for the AX and Show and shine.
I see some discussion about classes....
I really know Jack Sh*t about AX, but I have already done the Awards for this AX based on a discussion in the events forum with Britain. So IF the classes are different than this we will have a problem with the awards.
If you want the awards to match the classes, this needs to be settled, like yesterday.
I have already ordered engraved plates and stuff...

They are,
"1st Place with Fastest Time"
"Fastest 4 Cylinder"
"Fastest 6 Cylinder"
"Fastest conversion"
"Fastest Rookie"
I understand whoever wins fastest time will also win one of the other ones. But the overall victor will be a different Award. So they will win both.

I hope this is going to work?smilie_pokal.gif

I'd suggest there should be awards for the fastest native and non-native 4.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.