Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gaskets for fuel tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marlow
I'm getting ready to put the gas tank back in the car. The two little red washers that seal the outlet and return tubes on the bottom of the gas tank are in pretty bad shape. I can get them from Pelican for something around 2 bucks but shipping's gonna cost more than the gaskets. Besides it will probably take 2 weeks to get them since they're special order only. Has anyone had luck using rubber o-rings? What about using Viton o-rings?

Any suggestions?

I do not want to have to pull the gas tank again anytime soon, will the o-rings last?
joea9146
The Rubber O rings may not hold up well to the Fuel. Check your local Porsche Dealer
if they still list the part they should be able to get it in a couple of days for you .
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
I went to the hardware store and found some copper crush washers that worked good. I have also used nylon washers. Both will crush when tightened down and form a good seal.
Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.