Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where should I buy valves?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
earlyaircooled
I have a 2.0 the heads that I'm going to have rebuilt. Going stock or maybe with a mild cam but stock FI. Where can I get the best deal on valves, price and quality?
Recommendations please.

Thanks
ptravnic
Here's a couple places to get started:

Aircooled.Net

TypeIVstore (Jake Raby's store)

Mark Henry
sivalves.com
Cap'n Krusty
If you're going for a "mild cam", other than the valvetrain kit Jake sells (and I have no personal experience with this product), there are NO camshafts on the market that will work with your EFI without a lot of fooling around and a LOT of compromises.
Doesn't matter what the salesman says, nor what you read in magazines or on the web, what matters is the reality.

The Cap'n
Jake Raby
Do your homework on this, especially the cam as the Cap'n stated. Talk to people using the product, don't just buy from descriptions or promises.

As for valves, the cheapest ones are made by Osvat, they are horrible.
earlyaircooled
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 4 2011, 10:36 AM) *

Do your homework on this, especially the cam as the Cap'n stated. Talk to people using the product, don't just buy from descriptions or promises.

As for valves, the cheapest ones are made by Osvat, they are horrible.

Jake I'm planning to buy your cam. I wasnt asking for the worst and cheapest valves, but the best stock or better quality valves with the best price, planning to go 2056, stock fi with your cam.
Jake Raby
Good. You won't have issues. Stock quality valves are generally those with the least quality control these days.. If you buy a kit, we could add valves to the order for you if you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.