Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh no, I forgot the oil cooler bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jzdu
I just discovered that I forgot to install the support bracket for the stock oil cooler. I assume this is required and that I need to drop the engine back out to install.

I would appriciate some advice from the experts.

Thanks, Brian
ArtechnikA
You already know the answer...
But you were hoping the factory put in bunch of 'extra' parts in an economy car already facing margin issues even as it was in production...

Yes, it's a PITA to go through all that to replace a forgotten part.
We've all done something similar (or will, eventually, if we've been lucky so far...)

Oil coolers are expensive. If you think they're expensive, go price rod and main bearings.

Sorry you had to wait all day for the bad news you were expecting, and while I do not call myself 'expert' in T-IV's (which I am assuming you have, since /6's do not have oil cooler support brackets...) this is one I'll weigh in on if no one else will.
jzdu
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ May 4 2011, 07:42 PM) *

You already know the answer...
But you were hoping the factory put in bunch of 'extra' parts in an economy car already facing margin issues even as it was in production...

Yes, it's a PITA to go through all that to replace a forgotten part.
We've all done something similar (or will, eventually, if we've been lucky so far...)

Oil coolers are expensive. If you think they're expensive, go price rod and main bearings.

Sorry you had to wait all day for the bad news you were expecting, and while I do not call myself 'expert' in T-IV's (which I am assuming you have, since /6's do not have oil cooler support brackets...) this is one I'll weigh in on if no one else will.

Yeah, you got me. Atleast I'm experienced at dropping the engine this time. Thanks for your time.
Dave_Darling
Yes, it is required.

I would be very surprised if you could install it with the engine in the car. I'd be worried about getting everything together correctly if I couldn't see it all.

--DD
jzdu
I knew the reassembly was going too smoothly. Oh well, live and learn.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.