Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MultiGuage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d7n7master
Hi All,
Well, I was surfin' ebay when I found this guage. Now that it's been delivered it looks like it needs a "face lift". Not near as pretty as the picture & there's a blue wire hangin' out the back of the guage...
Did I get F'ed out of $30 bucks? Should I have it rebuilt or??? I bought it because the guage in my '73 2.0 doesn't have the oil temp - I really just wanted the oil temp in the guage.
Plus - The glass has some strange green color in the 9 to 11 'o clock position. Looks like Sh$t.
Thanx, Gary
d7n7master
What happened to the pic???
Let's try this again...
Chris H.
Is that a 924 gauge? You could change the bezel by prying off the ring. Not the funnest job though.

edit... I mean you could change the glass. It sure doesn't look so bad in the pic!
d7n7master
(Chris) - the seller didn't know "what" it came out of, I took a chance, look at the green crap inside the glass. And I don't know if it works. Wonder if there's a test or two I could run before I go and invest my time and$$$???
Chris H.
Looks like it got wet.

Actually, it might look kind of cool if it works. Your current gauge has many the same connections, gas gauge, oil pressure, gen. Not sure on compatibility though. What does the back look like?
d7n7master
The back looks like this;
SirAndy
QUOTE(d7n7master @ May 24 2004, 06:53 PM)
What happened to the pic???
Let's try this again...

looks good in the pic, but that's NOT a 914-combo-gauge ...

smash.gif Andy
d7n7master
ohmy.gif soooo, what is it? Will it work? Why not? Obviously I have no clue - and ahhh what's with the blue wire hanging out of the back?
Anyway, I grabbed some chock and rubbed the numbers I couldn't read before.
VDO - 6.77 12V T 21/336 110.00/76/002
lapuwali
That looks like a gauge out of a 924 or 944 to me. Look at the face, near the rim. There should be a long number of four groups if it's a Porsche part.
SirAndy
QUOTE(d7n7master @ May 24 2004, 09:08 PM)
Will it work? Why not?

i believe the TEMP gauge on the top is a WATER temp, the gas gauge *might* work, but i doubt it.

you can make the idiot lights work tho wink.gif
Andy
d7n7master
Thanks,
But kind of a Bummer. huh.gif
Anybody need a 924/944 multiguage??? I don't.
Maybe a trade?
seanery
you could probably send that to North Hollywood Speedo or Palo Alto to get it redone to work in a 914.
914werke
agree.gif Contact the boys at P.A. They will tell you what can be done.
I kinda like it. wink.gif
d7n7master
Thanks - I'll give them a call. I'd like to have it rebuilt if it's not too much$$$
ss6
That blue wire is definitely not "factory", somebody's been in there, no telling what you'll find.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.