Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check this ad out...really?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kfish914
I found this ad on my local Craigslist. Check out what they list as interior and exterior color then look at the picture. by the way they also list power leather seats
I knew the fabled automatic diesel was out there. It looks like these guys found it...right next to the unicorn blink.gif
Click to view attachment
Year: 1974 VIN 4742911493

Make: Porsche

Model: 914

Exterior Color: Black

Interior Color: Yellow

No of Door: 2

Body Style: Convertable

Transmission: Automatic

DriveTrain: 4x2

Engine: 4

Fuel Type: Diesel

Milage: 28,001
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(kfish914 @ May 4 2011, 06:33 PM) *

I found this ad on my local Craigslist.
I knew the fabled automatic diesel was out there. It looks like these guys found it...right next to the unicorn blink.gif
Year: 1974 VIN 4742911493

Make: Porsche

Model: 914

Exterior Color: Black

Interior Color: Yellow

No of Door: 2

Body Style: Convertable

Transmission: Automatic

DriveTrain: 4x2

Engine: 4

Fuel Type: Diesel

Milage: 28,001

Clearly the car is inside out? confused24.gif
jcambo7
Wow...Epic Fail.
Hammy
SOLD.
Kansas 914
It is also a "convertable" - which I think was the "Hungry Man" option.

You can fill the front trunk with ice for your beer - the rear trunk stays piping hot due to the exhaust directly underneath that keeps the pizza warm and the targa can be inverted to become a table!
sww914
I've seen one before. The guy who owns gowesty.com built a couple with VW diesel engines & trannies. Thank God he only builds Westfalias now.
He has a bad VW diesel pickup problem. He built one of those with a big turbo and about 200 HP.
jimtab
I thought maybe he used diesel from the start and was able to keep it going for only a short time....accounting for the low mileage on the car...... tongue.gif
biosurfer1
that car is almost as valuable as my special order 914-6 Special Edition 4 cylinder model:)
AndyB
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ May 5 2011, 12:43 PM) *

It is also a "convertable" - which I think was the "Hungry Man" option.

You can fill the front trunk with ice for your beer - the rear trunk stays piping hot due to the exhaust directly underneath that keeps the pizza warm and the targa can be inverted to become a table!

Ironically enough New York State does infact consider these cars to be convertables believe me I tried explaining it to Mrs DMV but she was having non of it. In the end it was registered as a convertable dry.gif
abnrdo
Anyone have more photos of this car?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.