Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So what is this 73 2.0L worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
Here she is:

Signal Orange 73 2.0L

stones.gif
ppickerell
By no means do I represent myself as a 914 expert. What I am expert at is ebay surfing and watching ebay auctions for 914's. Based on recent sales, I'd say $6K easy.
boxsterfan
The VIN# is off. 4732926678 should be 4732916678...but even that is strange as it is out of range with the info at 914Club Production Numbers Info
skline
One picture? Thats it? Only a fool would buy that car with only one picture. Apparently it is at a dealer, a dealer who really doesnt know much about these cars, and will say anything to sell a car. Without a PPI, I would say maybe 3k. If he had more descriptive pictures, or someone did a PPI on it and it came back as nice as he says, I would say 6500 to 7k.
Mueller
One picture? Thats it?

you must be on some good medication for your back smile.gif

there are at least 19 pictures if you know how to click the "play button", hahahaha
skline
Ok, I saw the other pictures, it does look nice. I would want to look down in the hell hole though.
vortrex
nevermind.
Rouser
If it's on the up-and-up (numbers correct, original everything), they can get $8.5K no problem; more if the bidding gets crazy.

I saw one a little sweeter with a $12.5K asking price, with rust, wear, and tear only inside my wallet.
Chris H.
Holy sheeeit that looks nice.! I love 'em when they are original. Great year, great color. I bet they want a fortune. That place always has really mint low mileage interesting cars. They had a nice 356 a while back that looked new.
rhodyguy
quite the ad rolleyes.gif . nice list of features. it's a convertible blink.gif , has a lighted entry blink.gif, a COOLENT temp gauge confused24.gif, and radial tires blink.gif . if you are really interested craig or jim might take a look at it for you.

kevin
Bleyseng
here lets get down to it........
Porsche Rescue
High-end dealer. Owner is an old Porsche racer and vintage car collector of some renown in the Norhtwest. Still does vintage races and the SCCA Rose Cup. He may not be personally involved with this car but you can be sure his people don't buy junk. They also get top prices. I bet Craig has looked already! I will be happy to do so for anyone who asks. I am confident the car will go for $8K or more and is probably worth it.
Edit: I just looked at the pics. I'm sayin' $9K. Those yellow plates are to Oregon what blue or black plates are to California. Car has not changed hands much. Also, the Gateway license plate frame is from Gateway Porsche-Audi, a long defunct Portland dealer. Car is local. I'm gonna go look whether anyone asks or not!
Eric Taylor
Seams wierd that monte shelton would have a 914 on there lot. They have always seamed to be a fairly snooty dealer, kinda a "it's only a porsche if it's a 911"place to me. Who know's it looks nice, but your deffiantly gona pay through the nose.
Eric
Porsche Rescue
Took a quick look at the car today. It is a very original and nice 2.0. Fuchs alloy and tool kit in the trunk. Only modest corrosion below the battery and the hell hole is solid. A few rock chips on the hood and a dime sized chip on the rear lid. Carpets are outstanding. Likely covered by mats since new. Some wear but no tear yet at the seam on driver seat outer bolster. Appears to be orginal paint except both doors have been repainted. Color match slightly off but a good job. Likely done to eliminate door dings since there are none. I did not start the engine. I suppose that it could be close to rebuild time with near 100K miles. Asking price on the showroom floor is $9800. The Ebay reserve is less according to the salesman. I'm guessing $9500. Based on prices I have seen lately for very original cars, I think it is worth $9000 at least.
Chris H.
Cool Jim, really nice of you to report back on the car. Thanks.

So.... you gonna buy it or what!?
Porsche Rescue
No, I am down to one 914 and plan to stay there for a while. I will be driving my Phoenix red '74 600 miles to the WCC next week.
Truth be told, I have gone to the "dark side" for a while. Playing with a couple of 911's now. Craig (Camp 914) has such a lock on the Portland 914 market, I decided to diversify.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.