Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 spotted in the wild!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flipb
This is only the second 914 I've seen "in the wild" in the past two years.

It was red with early chrome bumpers and a targa top that had a sunroof cut into it. I believe it had fiberglass rockers with raised PORSCHE lettering.

Spotted southbound on the new section of the Fairfax County Parkway (near Rolling Road). I was northbound in my DD after dropping the kids at daycare.

type47, was it you? Or do we have a mystery guest in our neighborhood?
zymurgist
I had to check in... Caroline told me that she had Babydoll out the other day.
type47
Not me. Sadly, I have yet to drive one THIS YEAR!!! "Course, we were in the UK for 2 weeks for the wedding biggrin.gif (actually, for the new grandaughter). I've never seen the red one you refer to.
MikeSpraggi
Can't say I know who that was. You don't see many on the roads around here, but a couple of years ago, I saw a car similar to the one you described on RT 29 in Md. rather frequently (for 914s at least).
wrightee
I've not seen one on the road around this area in years...of course most of my driving is in Prince William County and MCB Quantico.

Hoping to have a Malaga Red 75 tooling around these parts in another year or two (only on good weather days of course).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.