I like the logo's! Good job!
seanery
Good work young man!
Demick
Nice! Can't wait to see it in person!

Demick
VegasRacer
The rally shields look great.

I regret to say that my news is not as good. My source for the embroiderd shirts finally sent me a digitized image for approval today. Before I started taking orders I had confirmed everything with them - price, delivery dates, art, etc. They said 'no problem' on all accounts. I had sent them 3 slightly different versions of the logo I wanted to use - a first draft to get the quotes, an improved version when we agreed to everything, and a final version along with payment.

The version of the logo art they sent me today was a mix of elements from all 3. When I replied that it was not correct the excuses started flowing. "We were out of town for a week." "I didn't realize there was more than one version of the logo." "We didn't charge you extra for a rush job." All B.S. as I can prove by previous e-mails they sent me durring the design / order process.

Bottom line, they said they would either refund my payment or I would have to accept the shirts as is. They are not able to make any changes and get them to me in time for the WCC.

The logo that will be on the shirts is the one in this attachment. It is not really that bad, but it's not what I wanted. Thanks to Jeroen for such a great design that they were not really able to fuck it up.

I really hate it when I trust somebody and they let me down after I have made promises to others that I am now not able to keep. I am confident that everybody who ordered a shirt will be happy with them. It is not a problem if anybody wants a refund because of the the design change. I also now need to find a new source for future projects. I will not do business with someone who can not keep their word. :finger2:
Jenny
John,

I'm not sure what's different about the logo, but it looks great to me. No one else is going to notice what's different either. I'm sure everyone will still want theirs. It was very big of you to step up to the plate last minute and get these shirts made. We all appreciate getting a non-sponsored shirt that looks so classy. Don't worry about it. If anyone has a problem with it, they can take it up with my fists! wink.gif just kidding.

Seriously, sorry to hear they lost a customer in you. You won't use them anymore, and that's their loss. But don't sweat the small stuff. We're all easy! smoke.gif

Jen
Jeroen
Hey John,

I thought I send you an .eps version of the logo for the polo's?
What are they talking about "digitizing" then. A .eps format IS digitized (no hard work for them left to do)

Whatta bunch of loosers. I can imagine you're getting all worked up over this (I would too). Specially since it was such a last minute rush effort by you...

I hate working with printers... there's always something they manage to f-up
Or there's extra cost or...
What kind of BS is "I didn't charge you for a rush job"???
Sometimes I can't believe these people are actually able to stay in business or make a living.

Anyway, and more importantly... I don't think the logo you just posted looks bad.
You have my vote to go on with it, but I leave it up to you to make the final decision.

I'm 100% sure that IF you decide not to have them made, people will understand why (and will actually appreciate it).

cheers,

Jeroen
JeffBowlsby
I think they look good enough John. Thanks for taking this on.
seanery
Actually, there is still a process called digitizing for the embroidery. It's the part where they go along the outline of the art and decide how the stitches are laid out. It can be a timely process.

John, you may want to see if they can just scratch the 914world.com as that seems to be the mismatch.
VegasRacer
Thanks for the support. I just wanted to let you know what was going on (and to vent a little). I told them to go ahead with the order. I also asked them to do www.914world.com in red (as originally indicated) if possible. I am sure the shirts will look great and be well received.

QUOTE(Jenny @ May 25 2004, 09:00 PM)
We're all easy!

You really are one of the guys. laugh.gif
Jeroen
Good decision John smilie_pokal.gif
You had me worried for a little while, because the shirts I ordered are for my daughter and wife as a souvenir.
If I'd had no shirts, I'm sure I'd spend all week long looking for substitute souvenirs rolleyes.gif

Jen,
Don't tell my wife you're "easy" or she won't let me attend the WCC biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
VegasRacer
I just got this e-mail from the embroidered shirt people.

Hi,

YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CAREFULLY PREPARED AND SHIPPED TODAY VIA CALIFORNIA OVERNIGHT FOR TUESDAY JUNE 1 DELIVERY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE WITH THIS!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.