Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will I be Shunned if I rebadge my 914-4 as a VW?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
texag09
I came from the VW aircooled crowd, got my first 914 sure you have seen the build thread, if not check it out and comment.

The car will be kept as a 4 and I am proud of that, no 6 needed for me.

I was thinking of replacing the engine grill with VOLKSWAGEN and a VW circle on the tail in place of the 914.

Would i be chair.gif ar15.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(texag09 @ May 5 2011, 01:54 PM) *

I came from the VW aircooled crowd, got my first 914 sure you have seen the build thread, if not check it out and comment.

I was thinking of replacing the engine grill with VOLKSWAGEN and a VW circle on the tail in place of the 914.

Yes, your VW friends will claim it's not a real VW. shades.gif
7TPorsh
Not a real Porsche...not a real VW.

Bastard child assimilate.gif
zymurgist
There is a European rear badge that says VW-Porsche. Best of both worlds.

IPB Image
Root_Werks
If the VIN doesn't start with 914#### or it wasn't a 1976 model year, then it has a VW Type 47 sticker on the gas tank.

It's a VW Type 47.

I have wanted to get a Type 47 script for the decklid for a while now. It's time to stop pretending and come out of the closet....oh wait, that's for the tranny clinic thread.
SirAndy

The euro badges already had the VW in it, so just get one of them and cut off the Porsche part ...
shades.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 5 2011, 02:12 PM) *

Yes, your VW friends will claim it's not a real VW. shades.gif

av-943.gif blink.gif
VaccaRabite
I did exactly this. The engine grill says "volkswagen" in that cool 70s script. It has no Porsche markings. When someone puts up thierry nose and says "nice VW" I smile and say "thanks!"
Zach
ptravnic
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 5 2011, 05:43 PM) *

I did exactly this. The engine grill says "volkswagen" in that cool 70s script. It has no Porsche markings. When someone puts up thierry nose and says "nice VW" I smile and say "thanks!"
Zach

Got a pic?
Derek Seymour
I'm putting Pyeongwha labels on mine and painting Kim Jong Il on the hood.
rallysport70
I too have thought of modifying my "rear" in similar fashion. Of course, it will be a couple of years before I really need to worry about it. Was thinking of nothing on the engine grill, a large, chrome VW emblem on the back, maybe with a "Germany" crest as well......

Don't really care if you call it a Porsche or VW. I think they're neat and I like air cooled. First car I restored was a 140HP Corvair Convertible.
r_towle
I put a 4 inch tall VW logo on the middle of the rear wing.
Porsche scripts on the side doors and porsche on the deck lid.

Someone asked me at a car show...is it a porsche or a vw, I just said yes.

Rich
patssle
Less likely to get stolen too with a VW logo instead of Porsche. I'd like to take the 911 reflector off the rear of my 914 just for that reason, leave it unmarked. Too bad some DAPO drilled holes in the metal underneath.
mrgjones
I think the nice thing about having a 914 is you can do what you want to it. You wouldn't see anyone mangling a 356 to put flares and a Subaru engine in it but that's an everyday occurrence in 914 land. Let your freak flag fly. Have fun.
dw914er
Naw, you won't be shunned. I personally like to stick to the yuppity side and call it a Porsche though. The car is a great race car, and the Porsche side has the proper pedigree.
euro911
Years ago, I had a bumper sticker on my '67 VW bus that said "My other car is a Porsche" ... and a '66 912 that said "My other car is a VW" confused24.gif
Andyrew
Mines labeled "PORSCHEV" on the window...
dflesburg
badges? we don need no stinkin badges!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 6 2011, 09:39 AM) *

Years ago, I had a bumper sticker on my '67 VW bus that said "My other car is a Porsche" ... and a '66 912 that said "My other car is a VW" confused24.gif

I've been thinking of getting a sticker for my 914 that says my other car is a Porsche happy11.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 6 2011, 10:48 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ May 6 2011, 09:39 AM) *

I've been thinking of getting a sticker for my 914 that says my other car is a Porsche happy11.gif

av-943.gif Perfect, although a license plate frame might be even better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.