Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bosch 094 dizzy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
my deal for the 050 went south, it wasn't an 050... the real 050 is out of production, the mallory is still way over my budget...

then I saw this:

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=338

has anyone heard of the 094? used one on our engines? what's the DL?
SLITS
It is Bosch's OE for an 009/050 type dizzy with a chrome cover. Actual part number is 9230081 094.

If you need an 050, PM me - I probably have one somewhere and it will be Brazilian.
tat2dphreak
what a f'n crock! they make it sound like a new dizzy rivalling the 050 headbang.gif

I sent a pm... thanks for the info/offer!!!
bperry
Have you thought about using a used factory distributor?
Perhaps one of the l-jet versions without the trigger points
but with a vacuum advance.

--- bill
bperry
Oh, BTW, Autozone claims to have the factory distributors
on their web page. Haven't ever checked it out to see what they
really are but they go for about $65 with a warranty.
If its really a factory distributor with the vacuum advance,
thats a decent price.

--- bill
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(bperry @ May 25 2004, 01:34 PM)
Have you thought about using a used factory distributor?
Perhaps one of the l-jet versions without the trigger points
but with a vacuum advance.

--- bill

dunno how good that would work with the carbs and stock webcam... don't know if it would get enough vac.

I've considered the stock dizzy for djet... but the 050 and mallory are supposed to be more advantageous for carbs.... but I don't know...
Mark Henry
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ May 25 2004, 07:35 AM)
has anyone heard of the 094? used one on our engines? what's the DL?

It's a 009 with a chrome body (not just a cover) but the advance curve is worse than the 009.
They suck big time.
SLITS
Pardon to my Northern friends. I'm sitting holding one and it is a chrome COVER. Have several of them.
Carrera916
Hey!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Show us what you got! Chrome COVER or BODY! show us!

j
Mark Henry
Then they have changed them, made them even cheaper I guess. The ones I used were chromed right down to the top of the shaft.
I haven't touched one since the mid-90's. I won't build an engine for a customer with one on it, period.
thesey914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ May 25 2004, 12:00 PM)

dunno how good that would work with the carbs and stock webcam... don't know if it would get enough vac.

I have the stock L-jet 1.8 distributor hooked up to the vacuum port on the left dell. The vacuum works perfectly about 2500RPM onwards on light throttle. I tested this running the 009 in place and the vacuum line hooked up to the L-jet distributor in my hand and watched the actuation.
I felt the difference right away. The stock distributor's are circumferential and vacuum. Driving at 70-80 mph the oil temps were a lot lower due to the vacuum ( This is compared to the 009 )
I'm pretty sure aircooled.net sells a 'modified' L-jet distributor.
tat2dphreak
I've got an 050 coming! thanks to SLITS!!! pray.gif pray.gif
SLITS
You want images - ok

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

There is a definite lip on the chrome cover for the 094. The 050 is definitely Brazil. In reading up on these dizzys, the method of timing the vehicle seems to be critical. It seems at rollout on a start they may be a slight hesitation or "flat spot" until the dizzy gets spun up enough to start the advance. The vac advance has the advantage of giving some advance at low throttle thereby "eliminating" the flat spot. But then, I am old and senile and really don't understand it all lol2.gif

And you may want to note the difference in rotor mounts - we refer to them as short shaft and long shaft.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.