Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hagerty Insurance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raw1298
I was quoted $265.00 per year with a value set at 10000. . This sounds too good to be true? Zero deductable classic car insurance.
jmmotorsports
Sounds right, I have 3 cars insured with them. Very good people to deal with.

Jerry
76-914
I have 2 with them. Good folks
shoguneagle
Sounds right. Have two cars insured with them. Excellent people to do business with and very knowledgeable.
ConeDodger
I have American Classic for the Z, 914, and 911. They are even cheaper than that. But that is true. They figure you aren't driving the thing daily so their risk is low. However, you are driving it now so you can get your tail down to the Donut shop on the 14th aktion035.gif
GaroldShaffer
Yep. I have one 914 with them. Just paid for the year, $199 zero deductable with $11k agreed value.
raw1298
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 5 2011, 07:33 PM) *

I have American Classic for the Z, 914, and 911. They are even cheaper than that. But that is true. They figure you aren't driving the thing daily so their risk is low. However, you are driving it now so you can get your tail down to the Donut shop on the 14th aktion035.gif

Well I am not quite driving it yet sad.gif But I am planning on being there so don't eat my donut!! I may be bringing the youngling to help clear the counter of sprinkle donuts. biggrin.gif I havent purchased the insurance yet. But hopefully I will be by June.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ May 5 2011, 07:34 PM) *

Yep. I have one 914 with them. Just paid for the year, $199 zero deductable with $11k agreed value.

The key word is "agreed" value. You also want to be sure on the mileage allowed per year.
Mike Bellis
Has any body dealt with a claim with this type of insurance?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 5 2011, 09:26 PM) *

Has any body dealt with a claim with this type of insurance?

I haven't with American Classic, but I have heard Hagerty is the shizit!! No problems.
sfrenck
I've emailed one of the Hagerty agents to discuss mileage limits. In that discussion, it came out that their definition of "classic car" insurance only allowed you to drive the car to/from events and weekends.

I specifically asked about limited use to drive back and forth to work and they dodged the question. Enough so that I called American Collectors and decided to go with them. Top mileage limits is 7500 miles/year with lower prices for lower amounts (and don't care where / when you are driving).

I guess I should say I will go with American Collectors - since I just put my car back on the ramps it doesn't seem to need insurance yet sawzall-smiley.gif

Quoted $12.5K value, 2500 miles, 0 deductible ($300K liability, $300k uninsured motorist, $30k Personal Injury protection, and Towing) for $153/yr.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ May 5 2011, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ May 5 2011, 07:34 PM) *

The key word is "agreed" value. You also want to be sure on the mileage allowed per year.

Mileage is 3.5k a year. More than enough for driving around locally here
Tom_T
FWIW - Check with AAA too for their collector/classic car insurance, as I was quoted $215/yr. added to our other 3 cars' policy for my 73 914-2.0 at $20k stated value & 250$ deductible on collision/comprehensive & all limits same as the other cars with 0-5k miles/yr. last year (fyi our limits IIRC: BI/UIM $100/300k, PD $150k, Med $5k, rental car $40/day).

Hagerty's online quote estimate was close to that then too, so yours sounds high at only $10k value.

On higher value cars the deductible amount can make a significant difference in insurance cost, and most can afford to come out of pocket for $100-500 deductible, or just have that fixed ourselves without a claim.

Check Hagerty & all for the allowed driving use of the car.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet since mine is still in progress, but that gives you a range. There are also other posts over the past year of similar questions if you use the search topics feature on here..
AvalonFal
I have Hagerty with 0 deductible, $8,000 agreed price with towing for $140/yr.

Paul
Drums66
QUOTE(raw1298 @ May 5 2011, 06:05 PM) *

I was quoted $265.00 per year with a value set at 10000. . This sounds too good to be true? Zero deductable classic car insurance.

......AH YA! poke.gif
bye1.gif(COOL RIDE)
lucky25
I was turned down for the classic car policy for my 73 with AAA. they said it was a year to new had to go with the
regular full coverage..... I had just gotten a quote from Hagerty and had not pulled the trigger. Now starts the hassle of settling on a value for my car with AAA

Lucky25
windforfun
I found Hagerty's mileage restrictions to be way too excessive for my driving habits. I tried.
matthepcat
State Farm Insurance.

$140/year
$10,000 value
pktzygt
American Modern Insurance Group:

$125/yr (minimum yearly price)
$0 deductable
$8500 value.

I totaled my car, and immediately insured the next one.
0 problems
Andyrew
Sean,

I just got a quote for 250 for my car for a year from American Modern Insurance. 15k value.

They actually have a selection that says "I will use it occasionally for commuting to work to get the dust off and show off to my friends/ Co workers".

Perfect. A lot better than Hagerty's statement that it can only be driven to car shows..
Andyrew
Matt,

Does State Farm have an online Estimator or how do you get the classic car insurance setup?

raw1298
This is great info. Haven't filled out the mileage chart they sent yet. I am sure I will drive more than 3500 miles per year and rarely to a car show. That would be the killer of the deal wanting to limit where I could drive it. The only restriction they had was to store it in a covered area or garage.
brian964
Sounds right. Anyway, in my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the top insurance companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare rates online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better: http://www.quotes-center.com/auto-insurance-calculator
914itis
I have american collectors for $149 yr on $12000 agreedvalue with 0 deductable. 5000 miles yr. I have not hear anything good or bad with them...
NJ914Guy
Sounds high. I insure my 1973 2.0 with Grundy for an agreed value of $20,000.00 and pay about $125.00 per year with unlimited mileage. Also have my 1964 Corvette and 2001 custom Corvette with them too.
Hammy
Who is covered as driver? Registered owner only?
Cairo94507
Once my car gets on the road, I am going to insure it for what t is worth, in my opinion, with all the receipts to back it up. I am guessing the agreed upon value at that time will be approximately $40K.

If a Martian spaceship lands on my garage and the garage collapses on my car (it could happen....right?) the last thing I want to do is fight about the value of my car.

Photos and receipts win the day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.