Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black 914 in Excellence
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
pray.gif Got my excellence mag last night. Page 88 has a nice write up on a black 914 twin turbo conversion. I think it was a 3.6 liter? Looked very very nice, anybody know of the car. Ferg. confused24.gif
JWest
One thing I found funny. They say it has Gruppe B cams from a 959. Didn't the 959 have 4 cams? How do you fit those on a 2 cam engine?

The flat fan is way cool.
Mueller
Is this the same car that was featured 5+ years ago in European Car?

If so:
Did he do anything different to it?
JWest
It has flares, twin turbo, intercooler sticking out of the rear trunk, rear wing from an Olds?!
Aaron Cox
I too belong to the CSOBCC and cannot afford a magazine- n e one care to post the article so the less fortunate can read and be enlightened?
Brad Roberts
Same car Mueller. They must be hard up for content.

B
Mueller
Yep same car....

Owned by the owner of this company:
http://www.msdsinc.com/projects.htm
Joe Ricard
Stopped my subscription to EXCELLENCE when I realized that there were maybe two articles worth reading and the rest was how to make your car faster with this chip and that set of rims. finger.gif I miss the old issues back in like 1988.
I have a box out in the garage when things get out of control I take out a few old issues and read all afternoon.
EdwardBlume
It's my first time seeing that car, and GEEEZZZZUZZZ!!!! Somebody's got time and money! It must be a kick in @$$ the drive!!

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
rhodyguy
in jan 2000 EUROPEAN CAR showcased a # of 914's. the silver one on the cover put together by patrick motorsports was quite the ride. the estimate ( by jim patrick) was MORE than $46k to do, for a "good baseline car". i always wondered if that included the orig purchase price . i left that mag open on the kitchen table for my wife to discover. few complaints about minor parts puchases after that. a good baseline car, hope the enron/worldcom/global crossing stock was sold shortly after publication.

kevin
Brad Roberts
You end up with a new car... and we pay 30-40k for our BS SUV's. 45K is a little high, but the car had flairs and nice wheels (8k right there)

I need to stop working on others peoples cars and just build shit for myself.

I *could* have had 4-5 badass 914's by now.

B
rhodyguy
brad, you don't have a 914 for the street? and, anyone who pays that kind of dough for a 4x4 (an suv imho, is nothing but a 4 wheeldrive international travelall w/leather and a cd player) needs to have their head examined.

kevin
Don Wohlfarth
That car would only be fun to drive...for about 15 minutes. Nothing close to enough tire or brake. Owner pays 8K for a fan and has to refurbish it and doesn't upgrade the brakes?
Owner's got more dollars than sense. wink.gif
airsix
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 17 2003, 05:46 PM)
...anyone who pays that kind of dough for a 4x4 (an suv imho, is nothing but a 4 wheeldrive international travelall w/leather and a cd player) needs to have their head examined.

kevin

We all need our heads examined. Think about it. blink.gif

-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.