Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new to parting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
already removed the motor and tranny.

I don't want to get into sawzalling etc but what else should I take off the car that is worth something?

I really don't want to get into $5 parts, so do I just pull the big stuff I need or think I can sell?

the wheels are fuchs so I need to find a wrecking yard that will haul this puppy away without any shoes.

dr
SirAndy
huh? looks like a daily driver to me !!!

confused24.gif Andy
machina
yeah, this is the car some guy gave me.

it is a 2.0, 1974.

body "looks" good but believe me, it is held together with bondo and a prayer.

the longs are basically non-existant in 2 dimensions.

I'll be posting a list of parts that I dont need in the classifieds. Will be keeping some bits for spares though.

dr
dflesburg
headbang.gif AHHHH!!!!

Dont part that out!

It could be restored... headbang.gif

Just give it to me. Don't be a butcher.
machina
are you sure?

the rust is really bad. OH is far away too.

dr
tat2dphreak
bumpers spoken for? rocker panels? I need those if you are going to part it, pm me

ask people what they need... IMHO anyway...

but I think it can be restored...
SirAndy
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ May 25 2004, 12:09 PM)
are you sure?
the rust is really bad

just sell it on e-bay! if you can't see the rust from the outside, it's a rust-free car!!!

fighting19.gif Andy
phantom914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 25 2004, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ May 25 2004, 12:09 PM)
are you sure?
the rust is really bad

just sell it on e-bay! if you can't see the rust from the outside, it's a rust-free car!!!

fighting19.gif Andy

You guys just don't understand e-bay terminology: rust free means that they don't charge extra for the rust. wink.gif

Andrew
djm914-6
How much do you want for it? I have some money saved that was tagged for 914 parts, but...

I'll come down with a trailer.
spare time toys
You know that little part that has one bolt that holds it to the shifter tunnel but it is next to the gas pedal? I think its to hold up the pedal board on the right side or something...any way if you part it out I sure need one of those. beer.gif Let me know Thanks
tdgray
That thing looks like it has some good parts... better if someone restores it but if you say it is too bad. confused24.gif

I need 1) a front bumper 2) left rear forward quarter 3) my head examined because my car looked 40 times worse than that and I am restoring it.

*** we need a gun to the head smilie ***
Joe.D
Please sell it to Doug! That way the parts will be closer to me. :-)

I need the rubber parts around the cabin (doors, windshield frame, etc, etc..) Are they any good?

Joe
boxstr
Kevin (specialK) will buy it, he'll buy anything. Just $200., it's rust free.
laugh.gif
CCLINEBAYME
tracks914
Let me see where to start.
Wheel caps, one seat bottom, right side marker signal lens, two good tail lights, frame to door seals, front trunk seal if its good, windshield trim, some targe trim, shifter knob,Oh I am sure there is more, just let me think.
machina
think she's going on e-bay. just don't have time to part it. may keep a few trim pieces though.

I'll list it in the classifieds when I do.

maybe someone with a torch can save the chassis.

dr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.