Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: trucking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I am looking for a trucking company or any trucker to get an engine to me in ny from oregon. anyone?
Mike Bellis
Forward Air should do it for a couple hundred.
914itis
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 6 2011, 12:10 AM) *

Forward Air should do it for a couple hundred.

whats a few hundreds?
Mike Bellis
This many...

Click to view attachment
914itis
i can't find the quote function on their web site, can you send me the link.. I was told that it was 200 lbs
AZ914
also try freightcenter dot com. They work with a bunch of the shippers.
r_towle
Yellow frieght is what I have always used.
Its cheaper to ship depot to depot.
You would then need to get to the depot in a truck so they can load it in the back with a forklift.

You can lift one of these off the pallet by hand with one other strong back to assist...
OR
You can roll it off on a dolly...

Rich
euro911
Also check FedEx's LTL (less than a truckload) rate. I typically get them to drop shipments off at their local distribution depot and have them fork into the back of my pick-up truck.

The last engine we had shipped was around $200 for a complete 2.7L -6 from Oregon to Los Angeles (450 pounds with pallet, wooden frame & cardboard covering), and the sender did drop it off at a FedEx depot.

Its been a few years since we've shipped anything big, I'm sure their rates have gone up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.