Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 re-built engine 0 miles 4 sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
artgenta
i just saw a used one here for $2,400. mine is re-built with upgraded valves 0 miles, make me a reas. offer...

$1,800
bdstone914
You are going to need alot more info on your engine if you ever hope to sell it. What was done during rebuilt? What parts where new? what headwork was done? WHO built the engine? Fuel injection? carbs? shortblock, longblock, turnkey? Pictures also help. -Bruce
artgenta
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 6 2011, 06:35 AM) *

You are going to need alot more info on your engine if you ever hope to sell it. What was done during rebuilt? What parts where new? what headwork was done? WHO built the engine? Fuel injection? carbs? shortblock, longblock, turnkey? Pictures also help. -Bruce

short block bought from private party, minus valve-covers
ConeDodger
welcome.png First of all, welcome. Second a reasonable offer... If you read the rules you will find that you must state a price. So here is the offer. State a price and no one will report your post to an admin who would delete it. biggrin.gif
Gint
This isn't ebay. Post a price for your motor please. We don't have many rules, but that's one of them.
underthetire
And 2400 for a used 1.7 is about 2200 too much !
artgenta
QUOTE(Gint @ May 6 2011, 03:31 PM) *

This isn't ebay. Post a price for your motor please. We don't have many rules, but that's one of them.

$1,800
mrgjones
You might have seen $2400 for a car containing a 1.7l engine. I've never seen a stock engine (especially a 1.7) sell anywhere near that.
Mikey914
Pictures will really help here. If you have any reciepts that detail what was done, you will do better to getting a higher price. The 1.7 is not as desirable for most, however a 1.7 you can eat off of with original stamps on the sheet metal with the heads redone and penetrant die checked as well as all new bottom end parts, and oil pump will help drive the cost up. Any supporting documentation will be to your best interest.

Wit that said, Welcome.
warpig
QUOTE(artgenta @ May 6 2011, 06:28 AM) *

i just saw a used one here for $2,400. mine is re-built with upgraded valves 0 miles, make me a reas. offer...

Well now I bought my 75 1.8 for $2500 back in Aug. got a new set of tires and drove it home to San Diego from Corona. Changed the fluids, plug wires, cap and rotor, adjusted the valves and have been driving it almost every day since then. So a rebuilt mistery-motor for $2400 seems a stretch. Unless it is a documented Raby or Fat Performance motor then 'll take it off your hands! shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.