Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ran across this today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ratt
I sold my 914, but am still looking for another, you know how that is. Anyways say this one on ebay and just had to ask myself Why? Not sure if you all have seen this but its bad.

IPB Image

e-bay auction
MattR
IPB Image

That explains a lot.

Edit: I bet this started as one of those 'what if' things on a friday night out with the boys drunk.gif
Rouser
Yep ... way too many beers, a plasma torch, and diamond plate layin' about.

Another one bites the dust ...
Curvie Roadlover
That luggage rack makes this 914 too much of a departure from "bone stock" for my liking. I don't believe any cars ever came from the factory with one.
SpecialK
Where'd he get that spoiler huh.gif ? Off of a Power Wheels Barbie Corvette! laugh.gif

Yep...Redneck with a plasma cutter and a case of beer drunk.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ May 25 2004, 07:49 PM)
That luggage rack makes this 914 too much of a departure from "bone stock" for my liking. I don't believe any cars ever came from the factory with one.

LOL! Yeah that's what ruined it for me too Tom. laugh.gif The rest of the mods are OK by me.
Howard
That is just wrong on so many levels.
dmenche914
I think it is kind of cool. Maybe it already had bitten the dust (ie was in a front collision maybe, an d not restorable to stock anyway). You have to admit, it took alot of skill to pull this conversion off, it may not be everyones cup of tea, but it looks to be done pretty well to me.

I say to each their own. lets see more highly modified 914's in the future.

I have seen a photo of a 914 pick up truck also. I think it was in an old issue of VW Porsche magazine from the 80's

dave
CaliWRX
Nicely done, that is for sure.

Imagine what this guy could do if he actually got a design for something nice!
Rusty
Actually... it kind of looks like MikeZ.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 25 2004, 11:59 PM)
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ May 25 2004, 07:49 PM)

LOL! Yeah that's what ruined it for me too Tom. laugh.gif The rest of the mods are OK by me.

Not too crazy about the rear reflector for the same reason.
ChrisFoley
Anyone else notice the trailer hitch?
That is unusual on a 914.

I have a luggage rack like that if anyone else wants to do a similar project. laugh.gif
larryp
Have to check the hell hole.
Engman
agree.gif It does look like Zois!

M
Bleyseng
The pickup truck was done by the Aase Bros and it was a 914/6 to boot!

Geoff
(rumor has it that Brad bought it for a partshauler for HPH!)
Ferg
Sombody needs to P chop some bunny ears on that photo! biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Ahem......BITE ME...... pissoff.gif

"I" would be wearing shorts and flip flops....plus that redneck has 50 lbs on me.....
Rusty
Shorts and flipflops... okay.

50 pounds? rolleyes.gif Try 10. happy11.gif
Joe Bob
Try again GI Schmoe....been on the bike every for a month....been dropping the poundage.
Toast
Yeppers.......looks like Z. Relative......maybe.
Hey Mike,
Nice avatar.
finger.gif
cool_shades.gif
aircooledboy
This must be the 20th time this guy has tried to sell that thing on evil-bay. When I was looking for a car 4 years ago, that thing turned up in my search, and I have seen it at leaast 4 times since then. BTW, nicely done or not: barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif
aircooledboy
I keep forgetin. How many a's in leaaast? laugh.gif
lmcchesney
OK Geoff. Now you can't complain about the wing anymore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.