Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm officially out of
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Mr.2 just left the premises so, for the first time since 1995, I no longer have a 2 seater.....even worser, no plans for one either. Even my truck has 4 seats. What's a guy to do.........

Iff'n I hit the Lotto, plans may change. biggrin.gif
Andyrew
Didnt you just pick that MR2 up last year with the intent of autox?
J P Stein
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 6 2011, 02:06 PM) *

Didnt you just pick that MR2 up last year with the intent of autox?

No, it was my DD for 12-14 years.
PeeGreen 914
confused24.gif not like you don't know people who will let you codrive with them beerchug.gif

orange914
I feel your pain... After 6 years of memories, ours went on the transport to Pa. an hour ago. sad.gif

Do you plan on another?
Click to view attachment
brant
corvette
corvette
corvette

BKLA
JP -

Now you'll have time to teach me how to assemble Trevors ol' 2.4 long block!!!!

Ill pay for the edumacation!!!
914 shifter
wow. there are years of experience between a few of you guys
selling your cars. pray.gif like my grandpa used to say, "a wise general
knows when to retreat". i hope everything works out.
J P Stein
QUOTE(BKLA @ May 6 2011, 04:27 PM) *

JP -

Brett:
I've sold all my special tools. If that is no problem for you, I'd be happy to help......free is a very good price. biggrin.gif

I'd love to build a Caterham but the entry price is out of this retired guys league. I saw a pic of their new frame & got wood...no small chore for a guy my age. biggrin.gif
enderw88
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 6 2011, 07:10 PM) *

I'd love to build a Caterham but the entry price is out of this retired guys league. I saw a pic of their new frame & got wood...no small chore for a guy my age. biggrin.gif

Check out Brunton Stalker above Caterham performance for a lot less.
BKLA

JP -

Brett:
I've sold all my special tools. If that is no problem for you, I'd be happy to help......free is a very good price. biggrin.gif

What special tools do we need from the cylinders out?
Katmanken
Actually saw a Caterham on the road about a month ago. Them suckers is tiny. The SUV's on the left and behind him seemed to be having trouble seeing the 2 seater, and the Caterham looked like it would fit under the SUV with the removal of the roll bar and the drivers head.

Caterham drivers knuckles looked white and his face was pale and strained.

Car looked like a lot of fun if there weren't idjits, SUV's, drivers with cell phones plastered against theiir ears, and texters on our roads.
J P Stein
QUOTE(BKLA @ May 7 2011, 03:00 PM) *

JP -

Brett:

What special tools do we need from the cylinders out?

I have an engine stand but no yoke.
46mm crows foot
cam holding tool
A long travel dial indicator/with adjustable mount....clamp type, not magnetic base

I have the other stuff needed.....IIRC.

BTW, I've looked at the Brunton jobbie. The only engine I'd consider using is hella expensive. The frame looks kinda ...er....not up to Caterham's engineering quality.
campbellcj
JP, you have an open invitation to drive my car if you're ever in SoCal.

My tire shop's owner races a Caterham, which sits in their lobby when not at the track. Neat little car with outstanding power-to-weight and the CG must be just inches off the ground.
Gint
What are ya gonna do with yourself JP. To stay outa trouble I mean...
cary
JP, your welcome to come out to Forest Grove and pound on some 914 metal on any Friday.
Switching to the other car next week. Finding too much rustoration on the orange car. So I'm going to get the white car going for the summer.

I'm getting tired of working on them and not being able to drive one.
Just need to swap fuel pumps and send the fuel injectors out for rebuilds. Hopefully I'll have 4 that don't leak. Then I'll be rolling.
It will be a 10footer, but I'll be driving with a big shit eating grin again.
Britain Smith
Hey Brett, I have an engine yoke you can borrow for your rebuild.

Cary...I need to come out and check out your shop. Might also need to Mig some aluminum with your spool gun.

-Britain
cary
I'm taking a weeks vacation starting Wednesday. I'll email you my new phone number.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Gint @ May 8 2011, 09:24 AM) *

What are ya gonna do with yourself JP. To stay outa trouble I mean...

Right now I'm getting the yard & house in shape. There's a lot that I didn't do by using TM&E to play when I was working.

I'm thinking about never having to live thru another gray winter in the NW....becoming a rasin is looking pretty good.biggrin.gif That said, I luv the summer (when we have one) up this way. Gotta finger a way to have my cake & eat it too.
A lotto win would make it happen. rolleyes.gif

My shop is empty.....clean too. Takes some gettin' used to. I better start making some sawdust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.