Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: it really is a ski Porsche!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
red914
got to take my new ski rack out for a spin a few weeks ago (thanks again, Craig!). sorry the pictures are not clear. there are some tele boards on the back; really, there are.
red914
another shot, this one with some fat guy leaning on my car... DOH, that's me. oops...
red914
last one, i promise. one can see the nifty attachment on the rear deck. just right for light weight skis. and yes, i have been told that i am quite the fashionable fellow. which way to the buffet? chowtime.gif
Jenny
Are those camo leg warmers?!?!? laugh.gif

All kidding aside, it's really cool to see someone use their 914 for something other than just a cruising/sports car. One could argue that it's a sports utility vehicle! w00t.gif

Jen
boxstr
Another happy Camo Camper. laugh.gif
CCLINAPRESSKI
dmenche914
i used to carry a 14 foot kayak on my 914 roof.

dave
dinomium
in the late 80s (when those pants were KELW Shane!!) I used to drive my 75 to the ski hill all the time. Had no choice, it was my only car. I would just lash the boards to the passenger seatbelt mount and drive up topless. No heat and the damn thing leaked like a sive, so I would just gear up to drive up!
Bright yellow 914 at Alpental in Washington... ah those were damp great days!!
red914
when wearing leather ski boots (yep, leather), gaitors are crucial. those are called super gaitors, 'cause the bottoms are a rubber piece which fits around the welt of the boot. and yes, they are camoflage, from the days teaching skiing in the USMC. too cheap to buy new ones.

Dino, are you saying the pants are no longer cool? that's crazy talk, man! bet you wished you had a superkewl ski rack like this, eh? and Jen was right, it is kind of a sport utility vehicle. though a 14 foot kayak must have been something to see on that roof!
dinomium
Ok, I might have some skirack envy, it has been know to cause such outbursts. I guess I will have to make an offering of fine Burbon to heal the damage!
biggrin.gif
red914
hmmm... maybe a viewing of "le mans," some bourbon, and maybe we can track down some decent wings! sounds like medicine for the soul!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.