Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats the value of Fuchs 6x16 & 7x16 wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

A local VW guy has a set of (4) real Fuchs wheels that are straight with no curb rash. They have been sitting in his garage for a long time (5-6 yrs) on a project that went bust. I checked the #'s and they are real Fuchs, but real dirty from sitting.
(2) Fuchs 6"x16"
(2) Fuchs 7"x16"
What are these wheels worth in today's market. Asking price is around $700 OBO?? Wondering, before I make an offer????? confused24.gif

Tom
J P Stein
That is a good buy depending on any corrosion hiding behind the dirt.
Krieger
Thats an okay deal. Of course try for less. $600 would be great, especially if hes been sitting on them for a while.
ConeDodger
$600 is bottom dollar price. Especially for the 6" wheels. They are going to get scarce as people use them to make wider wheels.
Spoke
I bought 2x 6x16 and 2x 7x16 with center caps for $400 shipped.

However, they were really trashed on the front side from the PO trying to remove the paint with what looked to be a grinder.

This price was bargain basement and the wheels looked like they came out of the basement. Check Pelican 911 FS board for wheels. The nicer they are, the more expensive. I've seen nice pairs of each for upwards of $400.

Here's what they look like after a shitload of sanding and polishing.
computers4kids
I bought these two 6 X 16, and 7 X16 for $700, no caps off of Pelican three years ago. I picked them-up...flawless and fully polished (no tires).IPB Image
Cap'n Krusty
In the end, they're worth only what you're willing to pay for them. How badly do you want/need them? Are you willing to make the mods necessary for them to be fitted properly to your car? Can you afford to do that, and buy the tires? Is the seller willing to accept your offer?

The Cap'n
Vysoc
Hello World,

Make sure you know what you are dealing with, check the numbers on the inside of the back pedals (5). There should be a triangle with a PD (Porsche Design) and then the size 7J x 15. On the next pedal it should have some Porsche part #'s like 911. 361.020 then a square with two #'s stamped in it. Below the square should be the tell tale Fuchs symbol of the FOX. Some will actually tell you the ET (Offset) others do not.

THE MAIN thing is with the offset (ET), the 911's have a 23.3 offset on the front and a 10.6 offset on the rear. This is on the Fuchs with Porsche #'s that start with 911

The Fuchs that were on the 944's have a 23.3 offset all around and do not have the deeper inset look these Fuchs will have a Porsche # that start with 951.

There is a difference and make sure you check before investing. The 911's go for more money especially in the 8" & 9" widths that were made for the Turbo, RS, & RSR stuff.

A well restored 16 x 8" Fuchs wheel will bring $1000. each, the 16 x 9' even more, a price for 16 x 7 & 16 x 6 would be around $150 or so per wheel depending on condition.

If they are chromed, the value is less.

my .02

Vysoc flag.gif
ConeDodger
[quote name='Vysoc'

If they are chromed, the value is less.

[/quote]

My 02 cents... If they are chromed the value is 0.
markb
We have a standing offer of $200.00 per wheel from a supplier that uses the 6x16's to make the wider wheels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.