Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight ring screws? Size?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Does anyone know what size and thread pitch the small little screws (3) that hold the chrome ring on the headlights are? Mine are going to have to be destroyed to get off. I may have to drill out the holes and go with a larger nut and bolt.

IPB Image

IPB Image
jim_hoyland
I forgot the size, but I took the oldscrews over to the local West Marine boat store and picked up a set of stainless screws... smile.gif
luskesq
If no one here knows the size, go to the Club site. The Dr will undoubtedly know.

Keith
saigon71
Take one with you to your local Ace hardware store and match it up. Home Depot actually has some metric stuff too (and a handy board where you can identify the size/pitch by screwing the bolt into some holes).
scrz914
M4-.7 X 10MM
Just got these today at OSH for my headlight resto.
I got Socket cap Screws which I think are original.
BTW, I could use the plastic receivers for the long screws if anyone has them.
rfuerst911sc
M4 as stated above. I went with allen head screws so won't have to worry about stripping the phillips head in the future. And put a dab of anti-seize compound on the threads. Good to go for another 30 years biggrin.gif .
Thanks everyone. I like the Allen head idea too. Don't want to have to deal with this issue again. I just hope I can get them out without busting out the DREMMEL.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.