Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: vinyl for seats, back
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrgjones
I'm starting to think about reupholstering seats, and back. The kits seems a little price prohibitive and unnecessary tho. Anybody got a good place to buy vinyl online? I'm thinking about going with bulk vinyl and fab'ing everything myself but I really don't know where the best place is to buy fabric.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mrgjones @ May 6 2011, 08:07 PM) *

I'm starting to think about reupholstering seats, and back. The kits seems a little price prohibitive and unnecessary tho. Anybody got a good place to buy vinyl online? I'm thinking about going with bulk vinyl and fab'ing everything myself but I really don't know where the best place is to buy fabric.

Appearance and Performance 914... James and Heidi have been supplying us with great product for a few years now. I believe if you are so intent on doing this yourself they will sell you the kit or the vinyl.
sww914
I bought some yesterday at my local upholstery supply. They have a real attitude about their prices because they're the only game in town. $24.95 a yard for Premium vinyl. The pattern called Wallaby matches most of the pieces in the early cars pretty well. I've seen it online for about $10.00 a yard but I haven't dealt with any of the suppliers. Google them and see what other people are saying about them.
mrgjones
How much fabric does it take to recover everything?

I checked out A & P. They're just a bit high on their prices for me. Also didn't see a kit for seats, just the back. I'm not looking for the cheap product, just the best price on quality materials.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I think a kit would be easiest , BBBBut if you have a good sewing machine

available, ( that is w/o causing a devorce) and the skills it would be a fun

project. As to where to get it,in bulk, your local sewing shop is your friend.

In my area JoAnn Fabrics is the place, they carry all kinds and prices of vinyl

from cheap to very expensive. Advice #1, don't cheap out on the vinyl

inexpencive for the back and very good for the seat and seat back. Slow

and easy is the the way to go on the first one. Good luck, Post pictures

off the process and the results. Dave slap.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 6 2011, 09:39 PM) *

QUOTE(mrgjones @ May 6 2011, 08:07 PM) *

Appearance and Performance 914... James and Heidi have been supplying us with great product for a few years now. I believe if you are so intent on doing this yourself they will sell you the kit or the vinyl.

I bought a seat bottom cover and a cover for the sides and backside of the seat. The seat bottom was a snap, and looks great.

Anyone have any hints for taking off the old sides/back? I dont want to just start ripping into it and destroy my good back pad cover.
markb
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 6 2011, 09:39 PM) *

[Appearance and Performance 914... James and Heidi have been supplying us with great product for a few years now. I believe if you are so intent on doing this yourself they will sell you the kit or the vinyl.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.