Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI to carb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob
Hi- I bought a 74 914 2.0 that was converted to dual carbs. I'm assuming that the weber kit is the only one out there, but how do I ID the carb set up.
Also, does anyone have the instructions on doing the conversion?
The PO knew nothing about the car when he bought it a year ago, so I can't get answers from him.
Thanks
machina
the carbs have the model stamped on them near the base.

do a search on carbs here, tons of info.

also, I have a book on webers for VW's that you MUST get. check on amazon, will tell all you need to know.

dr
lapuwali
There are several dual carb kits for the Type IV.

It might use Weber IDFs, as shown in the picture. It might use DellOrto DHLAs, which are close copies of the IDF (but no longer in production, and parts are getting scarce). It might even use Weber DCNFs (different dual throat carb, with the throats closer together), or even a single throat carb per side, like the Weber ICT, or a Solex (these were used OEM on some Euro 1.8s).

Weber IDFs are the most common, however. This would be good, as the parts are easy to get, and there's lots of knowledge out there on how to set them up. They're most likely 40IDFs or 44IDFs (the number is the diameter of the throat at the throttle plate, in mm).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.