Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Spoiler Options for 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MadeRight
Greetings - I am looking for rear spoiler options for a 74' 914. I have seen the kind sold my tweeks, but am looking to see what else is abailable as well.

It is important that the spoiler have Porsche look - no rice'd out looking spoilers please.
Rusty
MadeRight! Welcome to the club! clap56.gif

I can't answer your question, but I'm going to move your post to the Tech Forum. There is a lot of experience over there, and I'm sure someone will help!

Have a 914 Day!

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. The 914 Resources forum was set up for members who produce 914 related products (on a small scale - no vendors).
morph
got a 93 Honda accord wing, and the third brakelight even works
MadeRight
Morpenspectra .. how difficult was the accord wing to install/fit? Are there any technical instructions on how to do this?

Thanks,
SirAndy
i really like the look of mine. it's a more or less standard spoiler, but it was cut (in the middle) to fit the decklid and DON"T overlap onto the fenders, then molded in.

aktion035.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

always happy to show off my car wink.gif
Andy
MadeRight
SirAndy,
Nice Car! Very nice use of the spoiler. Di you customize it, or find it like that? Also, I am looking to add the same sort of flares to the front and back fenders. Can you give me some insight into doing so? For example, where do you get the parts, how much does it cost, etc.?

Thanks,'
morph
no too hard to install
morph
hg
morph
ddtr
morph
is was easy to install.i was after a third brake light thats in it,the light works and looks great.you have to drill two holes on each side and then you have to cut down the center post on the wing about half inch.its not functional at all the angles are all wrong it was put on for looks and the light.
lmcchesney
Do you want a spoiler or a wing?
MadeRight
Definitely a spoiler, not a wing. I aint planning on doing any racing, unless it's to a hospital or a club ride.
Levi
What in the hell do you have on the roof of that car.. blink.gif
Aaron Cox
andy, that spoiler seems taller than most ive seen, and is exactly what im going to do. can you list the specifics on where it was bought etc. also, i love the look of it not overlapping onto the fenders-much cleaner IMHO! also, how hard was it to cut and finish glassing it in?

a much interested admirer biggrin.gif
MadeRight
QUOTE(Levi @ May 26 2004, 07:11 PM)

You talking to me?? If so, it's my light rack for my "Camel Trophy" 914 - relax though - it's just a photo shop (unlike my family car below ;-) )
IPB Image
drew365
Here's a pic of mine. Its a one piece fiberglass deck lid and spoiler.
drew365
From the rear
Levi
QUOTE(MadeRight @ May 27 2004, 04:57 AM)
QUOTE(Levi @ May 26 2004, 07:11 PM)

You talking to me?? If so, it's my light rack for my "Camel Trophy" 914 - relax though - it's just a photo shop (unlike my family car below ;-) )
IPB Image

yup I was talkin to you.. wink.gif
Yeah nice Burb... lol2.gif lol2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ May 26 2004, 10:28 PM)
andy, that spoiler seems taller than most ive seen, and is exactly what im going to do. can you list the specifics on where it was bought etc. also, i love the look of it not overlapping onto the fenders-much cleaner IMHO! also, how hard was it to cut and finish glassing it in?

a much interested admirer biggrin.gif

well, as much as i'd like to take credit, this was done by the PO ...

what you can't see in the picture is the amount of FG and Rasin and Bondo he used. wink.gif
j/k, actually, it's not too bad.

the spoiler was cut in the middle, then glued to the hood.
then a layer of FG-Cloth and Rasin over the top and around the edges.
he also went as far as about half the width of the hood forward.
this gives it a lot of strength and prevents it from cracking.
i can literally put all my weight on the spoiler (with the hood closed, duh!) and it won't budge.

Andy
dinomium
I am SO going to copy that, Andy! I have one in my loft...
I also have one simular to Morphs... not as nice and no lite... It is just sitting, if some one really wants it, I might let it go for a good price.

cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.