Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: for trailer experts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
i need to move a 70" wide car on my trailer which is 72" wide between the fenders.

is 1" clearance each side too damn close? I have had the 914 shift on me a little, but it is 5" narrower.

I only have to go about 25 miles so I'm inclined too risk it.

dr
Mueller
when i brought home a 914/6 with GT flares, I had about 1" of space at the front fenders on my trailer, car didn't move during the 100 mile trip.

I did slightly graze one flare with the tire rack when putting the car on the trailer, but luckly, it needed a new paint job so it was not that big of a deal.
VegasRacer
The 25 mile trip should be fine.
You have the greatest chance of damaging the car getting it on and off the trailer.

I say "go for it".
* rembmber that I live in Vegas and like to gamble. wink.gif
Randal
As long as the car fits without hitting anything you are OK as long as you cross brace the car to static tie downs.

And the cross brace (tie down) must be a (weight) rated tie down strap that has a ratchet to tighten the strap.

I wouldn't use rope of any kind as it stretches, even if you use a proper trucker knot.

Mr. M is right as well. About the only time you hit the car is when you're loading or unloading it on the trailer. Helps to have someone watching.
URY914
Go for it.

Paul
TimT
You have the greatest chance of damaging the car getting it on and off the trailer.

agree.gif go for it.. you could chock the tires side to side with some wood if your worried about the car shifting sideways..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.