Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 283 from Hell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike T
Last thursday I brought home a 283 Chevy engine I "won" on an Ebay auction that will eventually go in my Green car. It supposedly was "rebuilt but never run". I took a chance on bidding on it but ended up getting it for a good price.

Well it turned out to be just a used 283. Not rebuilt anytime recently that I can tell. I contacted the seller and he apologised and actually ended up refunding 1/2 the price.

Anybody have a used adapter and flywheel for pre '86 Chevy V8 to 914?

Mike T
Brad Roberts
Yes I do.. or YES I will.

I'm converting a customers car over to a 930 box. I'll have his good components to sell within 10 days. Everything must go.

B
Mike T
Cool, let me know...

Mike T
Brad Roberts
Will do.

He has a mild 350 in it right now. The car drives very nice with the current setup...so you shouldnt have any problems with it.

B
Mike T
Hey Brad, got any spare parts yet? wavey.gif

Mike T
Brad Roberts
Everything was ordered from Renegade a few days ago. I'll have your pieces ready to go the day the other parts arrive. Right now the car is still drivable.. so I dont want to tear it down until the last minute. I'm expecting parts by Wed. of next week.

B
Dave_Darling
Must be the car he's driving around in, then.... wink.gif

(At least he can drive a 914....)

--DD
Brad Roberts
Nah... gas costs more up here than it does in south bay (expensive to drive a V8 914)

For the last few days.. I have been driving Dougs silver 3.2 after fixing the clutch tube and the shift linkage. It appears the clutch tube is going to hold. I need to adjust the clutch a little further for him.

B
Malmz
Be sure to sell any goodies that may have come with the 283. I got very good money for the 283 specific oil pan and cast hugger style (factory, I forget the proper name for them) exhaust manifolds on Evilbay.

sm
Mike T
Brad; Thanks, sounds good. clap56.gif

Thanks Steve; As I recall yours was a Nova motor. Sort of a rare beast for parts. I do plan on trying to peddle this stuff on ebay. Every little bit back in the budget helps.

(Ramshorn manifolds)

Mike T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.