Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slightly Flighty Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MadeRight
I have noticed that many 914s seems to have the Porsche emblem on the hood, while others do not. Is the absence/presence of the emblem particular to the year? Mine does not have one, but I would like one. Anyone have experience putting them on? How are they attached?
SirAndy
they're not factory. no 914 ever came with one EXCEPT the silver 914-8 for Mr. Porsche himself. wink.gif

2 holes drilled into the hood, fastener from the backside.

obviously there's no "right" location, so put it wherever you feel like it ...

i hate 'em, but don't listen to me.
laugh.gif Andy
aircooledboy
There is a nice little article about installing one on the Pelican web site. Even has a template you can print out to get it in the right spot.

Don't listen to Andy, they look great. lol2.gif That's why everybody but him has one. biggrin.gif
exc911ence
I like the look personally although many 914s end up with badges that are way too far up the hood for my liking. On the flip-side, once the badge goes on, you'll be constantly paranoid about some punk stealing it. From first hand experience, I know what it's like to find a scratched and gouged hood where my badge used to be... mad.gif
Elliot_Cannon
You can also close the hood by pushing down on the emblem. Then you don't have to leave a greasy palm print on your nice shiney paint. I don't have a badge on my car (yet) because I don't have nice shiney paint (yet).
Cheers, Elliot
Ferg
No, just my 2cents.
MadeRight
Thanks for the replies. If I add an emblem, perhaps I'll engineer some electrifying "Theft Deterent" for the emblem.
peridotian
What about the emblem on the rear below the trunk lid? I had two holes there when I bought my car, and the emblem was the proper spacing. Is this also non-stock?
RocknRollFrenzy
Yep. Thats also not stock. I saw a picture of a 914 with emblems mounted just in front of the doors on the front quater panels once. That was pretty hot. I've considered the possibility of doing that one when the time for new paint comes around.
Joe Bob
We no need no steeenkeen badges..... smoke.gif
TheCabinetmaker
What Miek Z said. Mine has one from the PO, and its way too high. I will remove it when the front gets repainted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.