Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vitaloni Mirrors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
don9146
I have a set of the Vitaloni Baby Tornado mirrors monuted on my 914. The plastic mount that attaches the mirror to the door mount on the passenger side broke. I would like to buy a new plastic mount, but I have only found a couple of places the carry the mirror anymore, much less the mount. New mirrors cost more than I want to spend (at least with the prices I have seen online), but if I could find one cheap enough I could use just the mount (I had the old mirrors painted to match the car so I don't want to replace the entire mirror).
Does anyone know where I can get a new mount? I am guessing that if mine broke on the mount, then that is probably the first place that they will all break so I will be SOL on finding a good used mount.
It doesn't look like I can go back to the stock mirrors without some modifications to the door, but how hard would it be to mount a 911 flag mirror? Or am I wrong about my guess on reverting to the stock mirrors?

Thanks for the help,
Don
tat2dphreak
I have some vilatoni's I just took off... post a pic, if mine are the same, I'll send you the mirrors I have...
skline
Kragen auto parts and Pep Boys sell those mirrors for like $25.00 each. I would just buy the whole mirror as they sell them in singles.
campbellcj
BTDT...I actually bought a replacement from AA (no shit).

The Turbo and Baby Turbo mirrors are actually not that easy to find these days as I think they are out of production. Never seen 'em at Pep Boys or FLAPS around here.

You might be able to find a really cheap (trashed) mirror on ebay and cannibalize the base.
skline
Are you looking for the baby turbo or the baby Toranodo mirror? They have them at both Kragen and Pep Boys here by my house. I think they sell them for 24.99 each, but I may be off by a few bucks. If you want, I will go there tomorrow and look to make sure, I know they have them, I just saw them a few weeks ago.
campbellcj
Oops sorry I meant the Tornado one ("flag" type) is a little rarer; the Turbo ones are all over...
don9146
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ May 26 2004, 05:10 PM)
I have some vilatoni's I just took off... post a pic, if mine are the same, I'll send you the mirrors I have...

Here is a pic of the mirror from Empi's site. Are these the ones you have?
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(don9146 @ May 27 2004, 06:20 AM)
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ May 26 2004, 05:10 PM)

Here is a pic of the mirror from Empi's site. Are these the ones you have?

looks like em! I'll take a pic tonight, I have to snap pics of other stuff too!
tat2dphreak
my bad, mine are baby turbos... one still has a sticker on it... if anyone wants 'em, let me know
don9146
I have checked all of the FLAPS in the area (Pep Boys, O'Reiley, NAPA, and Advance Auto Parts) and have had zero luck finding a replacement mirror headbang.gif . I also keep checking on E-bay to see if a good used one will pop-up and have had no luck there either.
Does anyone have a used one they are willing to part with?
Kragen offered to check his local Pep Boys and Kragens to see if they were available. Is that offer syill good? Or can someone else help me out?

Thanks,
Don
STL914
Don,

I have a set of rusted out powered Toranodo mirrors which happen to have metal, not plastic, bases. I replaced the plastic base on one of my standard Toranodo mirrors with a metal one that fits perfectly. I have one extra metal base left. Send me a PM and we can work out either a trade or cash deal.
reverie
Or here's an ad for a brand-new complete passenger side mirror:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det...il.php?id=84884
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.