Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about flaps FI Fuel Pumps...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rockaria
Hello All,

First off I do not need a new fuel pump. But this weekend I will be going on the first long trip and I want to carry an extra pump just in case. I have a 1975 1.8 with Stock Fuel Injection.

No one local can get me the Boch Unit but for the same price my FLAPS has an "Airtex E8308" Unit. I can't find any info on it. On the side It says [Max Presassure 125 lbs]

Will it be okay as a backup pump? Will it blow out all of my fuel lines if I use it? I cannot find any specs on Fuel pums, Bosch or Airtex.

As well I got an extra Voltage Regulator. It has the right connections but looks a little different. My FLAPS says its for the 914 and it will fit the connector just fine. But it looks a lot different...???

Thanks for any help. I like to be prepared for anything when I drive my little wonder.
tod914
don't forget a pocket full of round relays and fuzes biggrin.gif
Rockaria
I basically have all extra parts...

What I need to know if this Fuel Pump will work?

Airtex E8308

Thanks,
airsix
QUOTE(tod914 @ May 26 2004, 07:58 PM)
don't forget a pocket full of round relays and fuzes biggrin.gif

I agree. Whenever I'm going on a road-trip I bring along a pocket full of rounds too... Oh, round relays.. um, nevermind.

About the fuel pump: Anything that will flow enough volume at the desired pressure should work. There is a pressure regulator in the circuit to maintain the right pressure and send extra fuel back to the tank. As long as you can plumb it and wire it it should be fine. As a matter of fact, I'm running a Bosch pump I pulled out of a 5-series BMW. Works just fine.

-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.