Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting started on Oly Blue finally
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RFoulds
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Got the oly blue 914 back this week for a few days until it goes off to don Kravig's precision motion later this week.
After we replaced fuel tank, pump, lines, brakes, muffler and lots of wear and tear items, the shop broke the head temp sensor trying to swap it out. At that point, they gave up. They dont have 914 shop manuals so once all the straightforward stuff was done, they were having a tough time getting the engine work completed.

Spent a few days detailing the interior. Hardly any wear on this car at all. After 25 years of storage and only 24k miles.

Hoping Kravig's shop gets to the bottom of the L-Jet issues. Everything else is pretty much done. Just lots of detailing and cleaning to do.

Every part of the interior shows hardly any wear. All I'm having to do is wipe off the layers of dust and dirt.
porsche_dreamer
My favorite color! Nice car, feel free to post some more pics of her.
RFoulds
She's finally running and running well. DOn called me yesterday to say he found the issue. As we somewhat suspected all along, it was wiring. Some wiring had been chewed through by mice while in storage, and still more of the wiring, specifically to the dual relay, had been patched back together incorrectly. Since Don has the wiring diagrams and a hell of a lot more experience with the L-Jet, he was able to diagnose it quickly and fire her up.

Now, we are going to drop the engine, to tap out the broken CHT and replace, detail engine area, re-check fuel lines, and a few other odds and ends. I plan to head otu to his shop Monday to see the progress and snap some pics.

eric9144
That thing looks super clean! Love the color, more pics!
RFoulds
Not a lot of pics recently, but will be taking more soon. Here is the moment I first saw her. Have since replaced wheels with correct steelies, and installed the OE muffler. PLus about a thousand other things. But this is how she looked after 25 years of storage.

IPB Image
RFoulds
And here is another after just a quick wash. Amazing how well the paint has held up. Lots of depth and shine to it still. I kinda like those cheap wheels, but I have the steelies all refinished so they are back on with period correct tires.

IPB Image
tod914
Beautiful! Glad your making progress on it. first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.