Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hot shoe914 in Memphis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
Hey Shoe, you OK in Memphis? More importantly, are your cars safe from the rising waters? biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
unsure.gif popcorn[1].gif We need a scuba smiley
Haudiosolutions
Does anyone know how to speak whale?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(type47 @ May 9 2011, 06:53 AM) *

Hey Shoe, you OK in Memphis? More importantly, are your cars safe from the rising waters? biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm good. Cars are safe as ScottyB has one of them and the LE is sitting way up on a hill at Dr Evil's house in Pennsylvania. Christine is up on a hill also and has a nice umbrella on her. I went to Arkansas this weekend and witnessed a lot of water where it should have been field full of crops. Passed a few places where houses were under water with only there roofs showing. I will be going back over there Thursday and no telling what it will look like then. I won't be as pressed for time on the next trip and will shoot a few photos.
charliew
Hell isn't it? Texas is in a very long drought. My waterbill for april, usually a rainy month was 190.00. If it doesn't rain in may it's going to get very bad. The deer all went to the river to try and find some forage. When the junipers start dying it's bad. Course I know this isn't like loosing everything to wind or water. I had flood damage to my first house in the 70's so this one is on a hill. After my kitchen remodel I guess a storm shelter will be on the list.
smontanaro
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 9 2011, 07:25 AM) *

And a tornado smiley. Maybe this will do:

http://www.cartoonspot.net/looney-tunes/wa...ages/taz-9b.jpg

Skip
carr914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 9 2011, 08:25 AM) *

scuba.gif

Already have one
saigon71
Happy to hear that you & the cars are safe Shoe!

Saw some news footage of the flooding down there - brutal stuff!

Bob
bandjoey
Is Ken OK..Anyone else in the flood zone??
hot_shoe914
Gy
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 9 2011, 11:46 PM) *

Is Ken OK..Anyone else in the flood zone??

Ken is fine also. He does live at the bottom of his neighborhood though and had a creek a block away. Talked to him yesterday and he didn't mention any rising water near him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.