Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shift rod bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VRROOMM1
how do you replace the bushings in the shift rod end at the fire wall? do you press out the pin i cant tell thanks
wingnut86
On my Droid currently, but...there are great technical FAQs at Pelican's website under the 914 area. I was just reviewing them last night before I start my JWest upgrade. Wayne at Pelican updated the images and document flow in late 2010. Very thorough.

Good Luck!

--Wingnut86
VRROOMM1
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ May 9 2011, 12:54 PM) *

On my Droid currently, but...there are great technical FAQs at Pelican's website under the 914 area. I was just reviewing them last night before I start my JWest upgrade. Wayne at Pelican updated the images and document flow in late 2010. Very thorough.

Good Luck!

--Wingnut86
thanks i will look
TheCabinetmaker
Instead of sending you somewhere else, I'll answer here. Yes, the pin presses out. I use a socket bigger than the pin, and a punch to drive the pin out. slip old bushing out, new bushing in, and drive pin back in. Simple.
VRROOMM1
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 9 2011, 03:40 PM) *

Instead of sending you somewhere else, I'll answer here. Yes, the pin presses out. I use a socket bigger than the pin, and a punch to drive the pin out. slip old bushing out, new bushing in, and drive pin back in. Simple.

thanks for the help.
AvalonFal
Did mine with a small vise and various size sockets, bolts and hollow tube. Pressed everything back together in a similar manner. just be careful with the pressure and where things line up so the coupling doesn't break.

Paul

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.