Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling all bay area help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jenny
Hi all,

Brad is going racing this weekend, but WCC is next weekend, so I need to put the finishing touches on my car. It runs and drives fine, but there is almost no interior, back glass still needs to go on, rubber seals installed, bumpers/rocker panels put back on, headlights re-attached, etc. Plus some electrical stuff needs to be sorted out (gas light's always on, even if I have a full tank. Blinkers don't work. Horn doesn't work.) It also needs different rear shocks and an allignment, but I think that'll have to wait for Brad next week.

I've asked a couple people, and the consensus is early mornings work best. So... is anyone up for helping me out Sunday morning?? Will supply food and caffeine. And a big smile biggrin.gif

TIA,

Jen
Gint
I wish I could be there to help you Jen. Good luck! Get pics!
mikey
Jenny,

I'll be there working on green car. I'll help out if I can.

Will supply food and caffeine.

Will work for food. smile.gif

Mike
Mueller
I should be able to help out for a few hours....I've pretty much written mine off as being even close to being ready in time, I might as well see someone else being successful.............
Jenny
Awesome! Thanks guys. I'm getting the keys from Brad tonight. I'm not much of an early riser, but what's good for you? 8:00? 9:00? EARLIER?? wacko.gif

Jen
mikey
I'll be there really early (7:30-8:00) wacko.gif I have an appointment in SF at 11:00 and then I'll return to the shop in the early afternoon.
Mueller
8:00 AM works for me....the less time away from home the better, the wife is not the happiest camper knowing I'm helping someone else with thier car instead of working on my own stuff smile.gif
SLITS
Would love to help, but it is a bit of a drive biggrin.gif

For seals, a bottle of liquid soap (Dawn, it's easy on the hands laugh.gif ) and a lot of swearing putting the windshield and door window seals in.

For the rear window, get the buytl tape. I used RTV and it wasn't the best choice mad.gif

1 can of 3M Spray adhesive for all the vinyl and carpets.

Box of bandaids and bottle of hydrogen peroxide.

Hey, I tried to give you the shocks unsure.gif to use till you could find Bilsteins.

If MikeZ offers to help, make sure you have a set of handcuffs.
SirAndy
i'll be there. 8:00 am is fine as long as you have HOT coffee and donuts!

get some of that sticky window mounting stuff for the rear window, don't know what it's called. ask brad.

smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif driving-girl.gif

cool.gif Andy
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 27 2004, 09:21 AM)
If MikeZ offers to help, make sure you have a set of handcuffs.

Not to worry, I am sure he always travels with an extra set.
IPB Image

Sorry I can't be there to help. The best I can do is cheer from here. See ya in a week.
SLITS
I meant REAL ones for him chair.gif
mightyohm
I can help if needed and if I stop breaking parts on my own car. I was going to try to recruit people to help ME put MY engine back in this Sunday... Maybe it can wait until Monday.
Joe Bob
Not to worry....I have keys..... finger.gif
seanery
what's YOUR safe word laugh.gif
Jenny
Cool. Mikey, Mueller, and Sir Andy. Thanks guys. I will bring hot coffee and bagels or donuts, whichever you prefer. You guys are the best!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Jen
Joe Bob
QUOTE(seanery @ May 27 2004, 11:18 AM)
what's YOUR safe word laugh.gif

You HAVE to ask?

BITE ME.... biggrin.gif
tiim5
Hi, I can be there 745ish for a couple of hours. is Brad's shop next to HPH?
nebreitling
I'd love to help out, Jenny, but I've got business in LA this weekend. Have fun, guys

nate biggrin.gif
Jenny
Yep, brad's shop is in the parking lot next to HPH. I'll pick up some donuts and brew some coffee. Should be there at 8:00.

Jen
Brad Roberts
Mike (Carmody),

PLEASE PLEASE.. move the cars around inside the shop. Jenny will using parts from the yellow tub in the back and I dont want people walking inbetween all the cars. Slide it over and move it out. That way you can push your green car to the back with the blue one. Take the race car off the stands and roll it out also. I gave my keys to Jenny this evening (dummy me) cant move anything tomorrow unless you come down. I want the parts car and Jenny's car to be "front to back" just inside the door. That way she can move parts/screws easily. When she is done..shove her's back outside. I'll be back late Sunday evening from Thunderhill.

B
mikey
Brad,

Will do...I'll put my car on the right side - next to where my parts are, and the blue car next to the stairs.

Mike
Brad Roberts
I dont want the Blue car buried. It will get an engine very soon. I'll try to offload the Yellow tub into the HPH lot if we have room.

Jenny, PM'd me earlier. She will come up to the shop with my key tomorrow around 1pm or so. This way you are not stuck moving shit around for 4 hours.

B
mikey
So if I'm reading this right, you'll move the cars where you want them tomorrow (er, later today - Friday)?
Brad Roberts
Correct. She will still need help moving one car out so she can work inside.

B
Jenny
We still meeting up tomorrow? 8:00am, I've got SirAndy, Mueller, Mikey, and Tiim5. Maybe Jeff K. Will bring coffee and donuts. Any preference?

Oh, Birgit called me today. She wanted to come up and help. I told her when we'd be there, but forbid her from helping until she's all better. So she may come up to stand around and look pretty. I trust no one objects?

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jenny @ May 29 2004, 07:28 PM)
Will bring coffee and donuts. Any preference?

coffee = hot
donuts = sweet

So she may come up to stand around and look pretty. I trust no one objects?

nope rolleyes.gif Andy

see'ya tomorrow!
tiim5
yes, see you in the morning, anyone want bagels? i can pick some up on my way through downtown menlo Park. I'll try and get there a little before 8. I will bring some tools as well. ed davila.
ChrisReale
I need to get my D-Jet back on sad.gif , so I might show up
SirAndy
QUOTE(tiim5 @ May 29 2004, 08:42 PM)
yes, see you in the morning, anyone want bagels? i can pick some up on my way through downtown menlo Park.

sure, bring 'em on ...

chowtime.gif Andy
krk
Man, I've been on the road all week, and starting the install of all the IS/IT gear in our new office (w00t!) today, and this is the first time I've been to the site in a week. Jen, I wish I could slip out and turn a wrench for ya! But I can't. Tomorrow is back to the site to trace network wiring, and get the rack work completed.

On the up side, the talent pool you have coming your way far exceeds any contrib I could make anyway! laugh.gif

Best of luck on the reassemble!

kim.

(Brad, the tags for Mr. Yellow are here -- they arrived while I was on the road)
McMark
I hope you're not looking for door panels off the yellow car. Brad sold them to me two weeks ago. I'm sure he's too busy to remember that though. tongue.gif

He's probably got a spare set around there anyway. So it's not a show stopper.
Mueller
I'm going to have to bail out on the work party....I'm too far behind schedual right now on my car, I need to devote as much time as possible on my 914 in the next 2 days.

Sorry sad.gif
Trekkor
How late are you all staying to work?
Jenny
Mark, eehhh... I had a complete car before. All my parts are in his shop, somewhere or another. It just made life easier to take them off the yellow car. Oh well, I'm sure we can find other door panels in there. But, yes, would appreciate any help you can offer.

Mueller, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'd be thrilled to see you in your 914 come friday.

Trekkor, I'm getting there @ 8:00, and probably not staying past 3 or so. Hopefully. I guess we'll see how progress goes.

Thanks again guys. Will see you tomorrow morning!

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jenny @ May 29 2004, 10:56 PM)
I'm getting there @ 8:00 ...

i'm leaving now, see ya'all there ...

driving.gif Andy
Otmar
Wish I had seen this thread earlier.
What's this early morning stuff and 914 drivers?!
Here I thought I was up early since it's way before the crack of noon.
I'll try to make it once I get my solder boy workign on stuff.
SirAndy
alright! that was fun and HOT ...

just got home. didn't take any pictures, but someone did, IIRC.
we got a LOT done!

thanks to Jenny and Birgit and Mike and Ed and Dave and Otmar and Mark and Chris,

smash.gif Andy
ChrisReale
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 30 2004, 06:59 PM)
and Chris,

All I did was walk back and forth thinking how I could get at my car at HPH...and stare at the girls laugh.gif
Jenny
Andy, you silly. I'm supposed to thank you guys. Let's see who showed up...

Mike C. was there, Ed, Jeff K, Chris R, Andy, DD, McMark, Otmar, and Birgit! I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. I can't believe you all came together and sacrificed a sunday during a long weekend to help little ol' me. I've got the best friends!!!

Forgot to take pics, but the car's almost complete! Only a small list of things to tackle tomorrow. I was close to tears tonight when I saw my baby restored back to its full glory. boldblue.gif

Thanks again, everyone! You're the best!!

Jenny
SirAndy
now i feel stupid. i forgot Birgit in my list ...

now how the heck did that happen?
confused24.gif Andy
Gint
Congratulations Jen! Drive the hell out of it for me OK?
McMark
Here's my pics. Lacking detail, but oh well.
McMark
Dues
McMark
Tres
McMark
Foures
McMark
Funfes
tiim5
It was great meeting everyone saturday. Thanks jen for making it happen. I have been told you can tell alot about a person by the way they work on a car, you guys are all fantastic. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
72914S
Y`all have great support out there. Not to many 914`s around here. I did get a thumbs up from a group of Harley riders on Saturday.
Trekkor
Good photos always come from Napa wink.gif

Where's the donut table? cool_shades.gif

Go Jenny! mueba.gif MDB2.gif rocking nana.gif
seanery
Looks like Jenny has the rare 3 seat option:
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.