Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 2.0 FACTORY APPEARANCE/ALLOYS FI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
suzruscigno
http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/suzruscigno/

Greeting all - UPDATE - car is now in SF Bay Area -

I have owned my 914 for 26 years as I always have wanted one as a youth. I been through two rebuilds last one by Bauer Porsche in Oakland CA. (I believe it has about 5k on the rebuild) original fuel injection. I've also had the seats recovered. As well as painting it charcoal gray from the original Ravenna Green. I understand I probably should not have done this, but being just a spray over I'm sure it can be restored to the original color if one wanted. Also it seems that most of the rubber seals around the windows and other need to be replaced. Probably rubber bumpers at some point.

I just installed a new battery, alternator and voltage regulator, runs good. I wouldn't get rid of the kid but my move back to the Bay Area won't allow an extra car.

5K - OBO

More goodies: I do have the original owners manual along with all paper work involving rebuilds and repairs.

Thanks!

Suz

http://s340.photobucket.com/albums/o358/alex0812_photo/

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Gint
I added some of your pics to your post. Good luck with the sale.
Cairo94507
How the heck hasn't this little car sold?
suzruscigno
I think cause I've been in transit so much. But now she's in Sausalito and waiting for someone to love her:-)

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 15 2011, 06:00 AM) *

How the heck hasn't this little car sold?

etcmss
looking at the passenger door does it have ripples or ? damaged
Gary
Cairo94507
I am going to say yes but that would not effect my decision if I was able to talk the wife into letting me put another 914 in the garage. I expect that I would have a much better chance of her letting me put a brand new 997 C4S coupe in there first. And that just makes no sense to me!

I do wish suzruscigno would post a ton more pictures of that little car though.... confused24.gif
avidfanjpl
Someone close to Sausalito should go see this car. It is 1 VIN number newer than mine, but I have enough work. My living space is full of parts to mount on the cars.

This car was built in Aug/Sept 1972, so it is a REALLY early 2.0.

But, for me, 450 miles away and not possible to think about.

Probably the superlight doors, and the old window lift, and 72 dash vents. Maybe vinyl on the windshield frame? I forgot to look!

Busy weekend!

John
Pat Garvey
I guess my question would be - why paint the car with body damage?
DEC
still not sold? confused24.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 1 2011, 05:29 PM) *

SOME paint shops dont do any bodywork unless you tell them... AKA Mayco.
suzruscigno
Sold to someone who will care for the kid!
suzruscigno
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 8 2011, 07:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 1 2011, 05:29 PM) *

SOME paint shops dont do any bodywork unless you tell them... AKA Mayco.

Body damage happened many years after the repaint.
Cairo94507
Congratulations for keeping your car in CA. I hope the new owner treats it well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.