Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB a *GOLD* 1.7L Badge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
deloreandude86
I need a GOLD 1.7L badge. I would be willing to pay up to $30 for a nice one. If you have one, please let me know, we'll work a deal.

Thanks,

Austin
gcrotvik
Hi Austin,

Just an FYI. Porsche never made a factory gold 1.7 emblem. There may have been aftermarket gold 1.7 badges made. See the following site for what was produced by Porsche: http://www.p914.com/p914_badges_1.7.htm. All 1.7 badges were anodized black (which faded over time to a light gray) or painted black. Gold lettering was used on 70-72 914's which had no engine size designation on the tail panel.

Hope this helps!

Greg

QUOTE(deloreandude86 @ May 9 2011, 07:34 PM) *

I need a GOLD 1.7L badge. I would be willing to pay up to $30 for a nice one. If you have one, please let me know, we'll work a deal.

Thanks,

Austin
deloreandude86
Thanks Greg, I was not aware that there were no Gold 1.7L badges, thank you for clearing that up for me. I had always wondered why I could never seem to find one lol. I do have a 72, I guess it's supposed to have the badge on it that goes "914-VW-PORSCHE" but, I guess ill just stick to my gold "914" and no engine size badge. Thanks again,

Austin

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ May 10 2011, 09:49 AM) *

Hi Austin,

Just an FYI. Porsche never made a factory gold 1.7 emblem. There may have been aftermarket gold 1.7 badges made. See the following site for what was produced by Porsche: http://www.p914.com/p914_badges_1.7.htm. All 1.7 badges were anodized black (which faded over time to a light gray) or painted black. Gold lettering was used on 70-72 914's which had no engine size designation on the tail panel.

Hope this helps!

Greg

QUOTE(deloreandude86 @ May 9 2011, 07:34 PM) *

Thanks,

Austin

Pat Garvey
All '70 thru '72 US badges WERE gold anodized! They changed to black in '73. The link that was quoted clearly noted that the badges were for '73 & later cars.

Your '72 SHOULD have a gold badge! Didn't realize they had become so rare.

People need to be specific in thier research.

Here's a pic of my '72 (original owner).

gcrotvik
Hi Pat,

With all due respect, we were not discussing the "914" badge, but instead the 1.7 badge. Austin was looking for a * GOLD * 1.7 badge for his 72 914. My comment was that 70-72 914's did not have an engine size badge on the tail panel. The 1973 model year was the first year to have 1.7 or 2.0 badges. The 1973 model year 1.7 badges were not gold in color, they were black (anodized). Hence my statement, which was intended to just be helpful, that unless there were aftermarket gold 1.7 badges made, and Austin could find one, he wasn't going to find an OEM gold 1.7 badge.

So with regards to your comment "People need to be specific in thier research" I might say "people should read a post completely before they answer."

Regards,

Greg

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 10 2011, 03:32 PM) *

All '70 thru '72 US badges WERE gold anodized! They changed to black in '73. The link that was quoted clearly noted that the badges were for '73 & later cars.

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ May 10 2011, 05:51 PM) *

Hi Pat,

With all due respect, we were not discussing the "914" badge, but instead the 1.7 badge. Austin was looking for a * GOLD * 1.7 badge for his 72 914. My comment was that 70-72 914's did not have an engine size badge on the tail panel. The 1973 model year was the first year to have 1.7 or 2.0 badges. The 1973 model year 1.7 badges were not gold in color, they were black (anodized). Hence my statement, which was intended to just be helpful, that unless there were aftermarket gold 1.7 badges made, and Austin could find one, he wasn't going to find an OEM gold 1.7 badge.

So with regards to your comment "People need to be specific in thier research" I might say "people should read a post completely before they answer."

Regards,

Greg

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 10 2011, 03:32 PM) *

Guess Austin could have been more specific - There never was a "gold" 914 1.7" badge. All 914's prior to '73 had a simple gold anodized "914" badge.

A '72 & earlier would not have had a specific displacement badge.

Greg - your comment is correct. I should have read the entire post. Shame on me!

Now, to Austin - there WAS a gold 914 emblem on pre '73 914's. There was never a gold "914 1.7" emblem for a '72 & earlier in the US.

Boy, did I screw this up!
Pat
deloreandude86
Hey guys, just wanted to shoot you a thanks for your comments, lol, didnt mean to start an argument, but the pic did clear things up. Again thanks.

Austin

PS: Pat, I knowticed the Month of the date on your camera is off, should be 5, just a heads up. Thanks again
fasthonda
QUOTE(deloreandude86 @ May 9 2011, 06:34 PM) *

Thanks,

Austin

I got one if your still looking. PM me your email address and I'll send you some pics.

Michael
fasthonda
QUOTE(fasthonda @ May 12 2011, 02:42 AM) *

QUOTE(deloreandude86 @ May 9 2011, 06:34 PM) *

Thanks,

Austin

I got one if your still looking. PM me your email address and I'll send you some pics.

Michael

Disregard my previous reply. I just have the 914 emblem in gold. Sorry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.